Organization administrators can view, add, edit, or remove accounts and groups for the Automation Cloud organization from the Admin > Accounts and Groups page at the organization level.
You can add new groups if you want to define a custom mix of roles and license allocation rules to use for a particular group of accounts. For example, the ones needed by your colleagues in the Accounting department to use Automation Cloud.
- In the Users and Groups page, navigate to the Groups tab.
- Click Add Group. The Add Group window is displayed.
- Fill in the Name field.
- On the Group Members field, add users to the group. Only users that have been invited to your organization beforehand are displayed here.
Unlike default user groups, custom groups need to be added manually to your services to allocate roles.
For information about the different account types, see About accounts.
For information about working with user accounts in Automation Cloud, see Managing User Accounts.
The panel closes and the new account is available in the list of user accounts.
For more information about this type of account, when and why to use it, see Robot accounts.
- Go to Admin > Accounts and Groups and select the Robot accounts tab.
- In the top right, click Add Robot Account.
The Add Robot Account panel opens at the right of the page.
- In the Name field, type a descriptive name for the account.
Choose wisely. You cannot change the name of the robot account later. If you need to rename it, you must delete the account and create a new one with a new name.
- Optionally, under Group Membership, select the checkbox for groups to which you want to add the account.
Adding the account to one or more groups means it inherits any roles, user licenses, or robot settings defined for the group.
- Click Add.
A success message appears at the top of the panel and further guidance is displayed.
The robot account is added and is now visible on the Robot accounts page. It is also added to the groups you selected.
Continue the setup of the robot account in UiPath Orchestrator as you would set up a user account for unattended use: Unattended Setup.
Adding an account - either user or robot - to a group means the account inherits the roles and licenses assigned to the group.
- Go to Admin > Users and Groups and select the Groups tab.
- At the right end of the group row, click Edit.
- In the Group Members field, type to search for a user or robot account.
- Select the account from the list of results to add it to the group.
- Click Save.
You edit user and robot accounts in the same way:
- Go to Admin > Users and Groups and select the appropriate tab.
- At the right end of a row, click Edit.
- Make changes as needed.
- Click Save.
You can check the roles assigned to an account or group from UiPath Orchestrator.
Go to Tenant > Manage Access > Assign roles and click Check roles above the table. You can search for any account or group to see the assigned roles.
In the User Permissions window, each permission is listed on a per-folder basis. Adjacent to each permission, you can see whether it has been explicitly assigned or inherited from the tenant.
- Go to Admin > Accounts and Groups, and select the appropriate tab.
- At the right end of the row, click Remove.
- Confirm the action in the confirmation dialog.
Updated 4 months ago