- Release Notes
- About the WebAPI Activities Package
- Project Compatibility
Executes a query on a database and returns the query result in a Datatable.
ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.Note: If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
Timeout - Specifies the amount of time (in millisecond) to wait for the sql command to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds) and must be greater than or equal to 0. This field supports only
Int32variables.Note: The amount of time specified in this field does not include the response time for the query result retrieval. This means that the total execution time of the activity may be greater than the actual query execution time, to which the TimeoutMS property applies.
- ProviderName - The name of the database provider used to access the database. This field supports only
- ConnectionString - The connection string used to establish a database connection. This field supports only
- Existing Connection - An already opened database connection obtained from the Connect or Start Transaction activities. If such a connection is
provided, the ConnectionString and SecureConnectionString properties are ignored. This field supports only
- SecureConnectionString - The connection string used to establish a database connection as Secure String. This field supports only
- Parameters - A dictionary of named parameters that are bound to the sql command. The binding is done by specifying the
@parameterNamestatement in the sql command. At runtime the parameterName will be replaced with its value from the dictionary.
- Sql - An sql command to be executed. This field must be completed according to the selection from the CommandType property. This
field supports only
CommandType - Specifies how a command string is interpreted. The following options are available:
- Text - Executes the query given in the SQL parameter.
- StoredProcedure - Invokes the procedure name specified in the SQL parameter.
- TableDirect - Invokes all records from a table.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- DataTable - The output of the SQL command wrapped in a DataTable variable.