This activity runs a program in a given virtual machine.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Password - Specifies the password for the provided username.
- Program - Specifies the absolute path to the program to run in the Guest OS.
- ProgramArguments - Specifies the arguments to the program.
- ProgramWorkingDirectory - Specifies the absolute path of the working directory for the program to be run. VMware recommends explicitly setting the working directory for the program to be run.
- Timeout (seconds) - Specifies how long to wait (in seconds) for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 30 seconds.
- Username - Specifies the Guest OS username under which the program is executed.
- VirtualMachine - Identifies the virtual machine on which the operation is performed.
The VirtualMachine parameter provides the following information:
- ID - Specifies the ID of the virtual machine.
- Name - Specifies the name Virtual machine.
- Host - Specifies the host on which the virtual machine is running.
- FullPath - Specifies the full path to the virtual machine, including datacenter and folder hierarchy.
- IPAddress - Specifies the primary IP address assigned to the guest operating system, if known.
- DNSName - Specifies the hostname of the guest operating system, if known.
- GuestOS - Specifies the guest's operating system full name, if known.
- GuestOSState - Specifies the guest's operating system state. Possible values are
- PowerState - Specifies the virtual machine power state. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsState - Specifies the current running status of VMware Tools in the guest operating system, if known. Possible values are
- VMwareToolsVersion - The current version of VMware Tools, if known.
- VMwareToolsVersionStatus - Specifies the current version status of VMware Tools. The possible values are Blacklisted, Current, NeedUpgrade, NotInstalled, SupportedNew, SupportedOld, TooNew, TooOld, Unmanaged.
- IsTemplate - Indicates if the input represents a virtual machine template.
- Tags - Specifies the list of tags assigned to the virtual machine or template.
- WaitForCompletion - When selected, waits for the activity to be complete but cannot exceed the value specified in the Timeout field. When the option it's not selected, the activity ends immediately after the VMware API call is made. The default value is True.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
Updated 6 days ago