The UiPath.AmazonWorkSpaces.Activities package offers activities for Amazon WorkSpaces which is a Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution that can be used to provision Windows or Linux cloud-based virtual desktops. For more details, check Amazon Workspaces and Amazon WorkSpaces FAQs.
This set of activities enables IT Departments to easily automate processes related to provisioning, management, and maintenance of Amazon WorkSpaces. These activities can be used to automate tasks like:
Provision a WorkSpace for a new employee or a student:
- In organizational training or in an academic environment, it can be provisioned for students to access the resources they need during a course/semester.
- In companies, it can be provisioned for software developers. The source code they create is not stored on any developer's device, allowing to keep intellectual property safe.
Remove a WorkSpace when an employee leaves the company or when a student finishes a course/semester.
- Remove unused WorkSpaces: remove WorkSpaces that have not been used within the past N days.
- Stop WorkSpaces that have
ConnectionState = DISCONNECTED.
- Start, reboot, or stop a Workspace.
- Modify a WorkSpace: resize the root volume or user volume, change the compute type, modify running mode, add tags, etc.
- Migrate a WorkSpace to a new bundle type.
- Create a report about all WorkSpaces in an AWS Directory Service directory.
Connects to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and provides a scope for Amazon WorkSpaces activities.
Creates a new WorkSpace.
Updates a WorkSpace.
Gets details about a specified WorkSpace.
Performs an activity or a series of activities on each WorkSpace matching the filter criteria.
Removes a WorkSpace. Its user will be disconnected from the WorkSpace and the WorkSpace will be permanently removed.
Starts a WorkSpace.
Stops a WorkSpace.
Reboots a WorkSpace.
Restores a WorkSpace to its last known healthy state.
Rebuilds a WorkSpace.
Migrates a WorkSpace to a new bundle while retaining the data on the user volume disk.
Sample workflows on how to use the above-mentioned activities can be found here.
Updated 5 months ago