UiPath Apps are designed to be run in the browser but you can create a Windows executable to run them as well. To run a UiPath App as a Windows client executable, simply create an Electron wrapper that points to the production URL of an app. We've created a sample below to make this easy for you to use.
- Download the UiPath Apps Client Sample from GitHub and copy the files to a local directory, i.e.
- Modify the sample to meet your needs. Here are some of the key modifications:
- icon.png - replace this with any icon you wish. Note: It's best if the icon is square.
- RUNTIME_URL (line 7) - change this to point to the production URL of your App
- Window Parameters (lines 18-27) - change these parameters to meet the needs of your app
- displayName (line 3) - this will be used as the EXE name of your app
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory containing the files.
- Run "npm install" to install the node packages needed to build the app.
- Run "npm run start" to open the app as a window client (this is good for testing the app).
- Run "npm run dist" to build the app and package it with a Setup file. This will result in an EXE in the dist subdirectory (i.e. dist\UiPath Apps sample Setup 1.2.0.exe) which can be distributed to your users.
Optional you can build the app EXE without a Setup fileRun "npm run pack" to build the app executable and all dependencies. These will appear in the dist\win-unpacked directory
Updated about a year ago