- Controls Overview
- Layout and Styling
- Sample App Layouts
- Icon Controls
- Variables in Apps
- User context references
- Public Apps
- Saving Your App
- App Errors & Troubleshooting
- Rule: If-Then-Else
- Rule: Open a Page
- Rule: Open URL
- Rule: Close Pop-Over/Bottom Sheet
- Rule: Show Message
- Rule: Show/Hide Spinner
- Rule: Set Value
- Rule: Start Process
- Rule: Reset Values
- Rule: Upload File to Storage Bucket
- Rule: Download File From Storage Bucket
- Rule: Create Entity Record
- Rule: Update Entity Record
- Rule: Delete Entity Record
- Rule: Add to Queue
- Rule: Trigger workflow
- Supported Process Argument Types
- Replacing a Process
- Referencing a Storage Bucket From Orchestrator
- Connecting Apps to an on-premises Orchestrator instance
- Orchestrator Permissions
- Data Flow Between UiPath Apps and Orchestrator
Set External Context
You can set up an external context when launching your application. This is especially helpful when starting an app from somewhere else, for example a robotic process automation (RPA) process.
For example, you can set the values for two variables when the application loads. To do this, follow the procedure below.
- Open your already existing application or start a new one.
- Create two new app variables,
- Add two new Texbox controls to your app and bind the variables created at step 2 to each textbox. Bind the
FirstNamevariable to the first textbox, and the
LastNamevariable to the second textbox.
- Publish the app.
- Go to the ⚙️ App Settings window.
Copy the Production URL of your app.
- Paste the production URL in your browser and add the following at the end:
/?Firstname=John&Secondname=Doe. In the end, the URL should have the following syntax: