When saving Apps from App Studio, the following error message can occur:
"Connection to Apps service is lost."
- You've lost internet connection. Apps requires an active internet connection to save changes you make to your app.
- The reason for this error can be the fact that the App service uses WebSocket to save the App definition.
First, ensure that you have an active internet connection. If you are still facing issues then:
apps-socket.uipath.comto have long live connections by making sure you have the
connection: Upgradeparameter in the header. This must be done with the help of your IT team.
- Work with your IT or network team to understand how WebSocket traffic policies are being handled and alter them as needed.
- Allow WebSocket connections by making sure that
apps-socket.uipath.comis not added to your proxy policy. This must be done with the help of your IT team.
When previewing an app, the following error can occur, even if there are no errors:
"Errors in App"
One or more browser extensions can cause this error to occur.
- Try previewing the app in a different browser.
- Deactivate all extensions from your current browser.
An error stating a process is not found can occur in runtime, even if the process is available in Orchestrator.
Check the name of the process and make sure that it does not contain an underscore (
Rename the process and remove all underscore (
Setting the control value using the Set Values rule in the Page load event results in not setting the control value properly.
Instead of setting the control value in the Page load event, use the app variable in the Set Values rule and bind the app variables to the control. By doing so, the control value is being set correctly.
Updated 17 days ago