- Designing long-running workflows
- Start Job And Get Reference
- Wait for Job and Resume
- Add Queue Item And Get Reference
- Wait For Queue Item And Resume
- Create Form Task
- Wait for Form Task and Resume
- Resume After Delay
- Assign Tasks
- Create External Task
- Wait For External Task and Resume
- Complete Task
- Forward Task
- Get Form Tasks
- Get Task Data
- Add Task Comment
- Update Task Labels
23 March 2021
- Tracking the status of an action is now possible with the help of the Action summary panel. The panel displays the selected action details, such as the action type, the Orchestrator recipient folder, or the currently assigned user, in addition to what is already displayed on the action card. Moreover, Action summary brings transparency over the operations performed on the action: who assigned/reassigned/forwarded it to whom, who wrote a specific comment, who completed the action and when, and other related changes that were made up until the moment you are seeing the summary. Access the Action Summary from the More Options menu of the selected action page header.
- We also delivered the Comments panel, accessible from the More Options menu located on the selected action page header, that allows you to comment on pending or unassigned actions. The panel allows you to comment on pending or unassigned actions.
- You can now filter the list of pending actions to display only the actions that have been forwarded to you. You can also see the actions forwarded to other users if you are an action admin user.
- Processes containing queue items can be run only from the folder in which the queue was initially created, and not from the folders to which the queue has been shared. Removing the queue from its original folder causes the process to fail, even if the queue exists in a shared folder. The name of the original folder is displayed on the process card.
- The presence of the character
#in an action metadata (title, catalog, or username) caused the action to be skipped from downloading. The download
csvfile now contains all the selected actions, limited to 1000 entries.
2 March 2021
- You can see when an action was completed, in addition to the action creation time. Hover over the creation time stamp on a completed action card to see the details.
- You can now individually or bulk delete actions if you have Delete permissions on Actions. Consequently, accessing the deleted action through its specific URL redirects you to the read-only display of the action, and a banner informs you that the action is deleted and cannot be modified.
- We added the Refresh button to help you update your list of pending, unassigned, or completed actions. As a result, the Multi-select Actions button was moved inside the More Options menu.
You can filter the actions by a specific catalog value, either by searching the catalog value in the search bar or by selecting it from the action filter menu (Filter > Action Catalog).Important: You need the View folder permission on Action Catalogs to filter the actions by their catalog value.
- The Action Center page header may be improperly displayed while using the Microsoft Legacy Edge browser.
- When you switched rapidly and repeatedly between an action that had a file uploaded (through file upload fields) and any other action, an error was throw inside the action that contained the uploaded file. This behavior no longer exists.
1 March 2021
As March begins, we have dropped the Actionsmanagement feature and UI from Orchestrator cloud services. The functionality is now strictly available in Action Center services in Automation Cloud, namely on the Actions tab.
Several parts of Action Center are still managed in Orchestrator services:
- Actions audit logs
- Folder permissions for Actions,Action Catalogs, and Action Assignment
- Action Catalogs
Read more about managing Actions in the Action Center.