In case you use an Intel Xe GPU and Validation Station is not displayed properly, we recommend updating the graphics driver to the latest version. For more information, please visit this page.
The Validation Station is a user interface that can be used to validate and correct data extracted from documents using the Document Understanding framework.
Validation Station can be used both as a stand-alone tool and integrated with Orchestrator/Automation Cloud Orchestrator.
Also, it can be used either as an attended activity with the Present Validation Station or as a type of action in Action Center with the Create Document Validation Action, Wait for Document Validation Action and Resume, as part of Action Center Actions.
Certain inputs need to be provided for the Validation Station to function. Here is a list with the minimum required inputs in order to configure the Validation Station as an attended activity:
- Provide a Taxonomy needed for processing the document. It can be created directly in the workflow by using the Taxonomy Manager wizard, and it can be loaded using the Load Taxonomy activity. It should be provided as a
- Provide the Document Path for the file you want to validate.
- Provide a Document Object Model for the file, which can be obtained as an output of the Digitize Document activity.
- Provide the Document Text of the file, which can be obtained as an output of the same Digitize Document activity.
- Provide the Automatic Extraction Results which represents the data automatically extracted by the robot, that now needs human validation. This is the output of the Data Extraction Scope activity.
If no variable is provided in the AutomaticExtractionResults property field, or if no classification is published in the provided variable, the Validation Station opens in full manual processing mode.
You can use the Present Validation Station activity anywhere in your workflows.
An attended activity is functional only if the file that needs to be processed is available locally on the machine that executes the process.
At run-time, a window opens and displays the Validation Station allowing any interaction from the user side.
Increase your productivity by creating an orchestration process that adds document validation actions in Action Center, in both On-Prem Orchestrator or its Automation Cloud Orchestrator counterpart. This action reduces your need for storing the documents locally, having a robot installed on each human's operated machine, or having the robot wait for human users to finish validation.
This approach requires you to have your robot connected to your Orchestrator and to build a project of type Orchestration Process in UiPath Studio. You can publish your project to Orchestrator once it is ready. Here you can find more details about this process.
When running a project with UiPath Orchestrator, you need to make use of the Create Document Validation Action and Wait for Document Validation Action and Resume activities because this is how you are creating the connection between the unattended robots executing the automatic part and the Knowledge Workers that can pick up actions from Action Center (on-premises or cloud-based).
In this scenario, the Validation Station UI is displayed directly in UiPath Orchestrator's Action center but has the same functionalities like the one run as an attended activity.
Learn more about Validation Station Wizard, by following this link.
Updated about a month ago