To collect and store processed data, you as the Company Admin need to set up a Shared Network Folder.
Before setting a Shared Network Folder, make sure that users have permission to access and add/edit files in the space.
Below you can find an example of how to set up the Shared Network Folder using a shared folder created on your computer, however, you may want to use a secure shared drive in the local network.
- Create a folder.
- Click Share and choose Specific people.
- Create a new user or use All and click Add.
- Check that your users have permission to write into the folder.
For this example click Permission Level, choose Read/Write and click Share.
- Right-click the folder and select Copy Link.
Modify the copied link to the correct format necessary for the JSON file.
- What gets copied to your clipboard:
- shared-folder (file://test-computer/shared-folder/)
- Modified for JSON:
- Modifications include:
- Changing from a web link to a directory path (change forward slashes to backslashes & remove “file:”).
- Doubling the backslashes (this is because JSON reads a backslash as a special character to escape certain characters).
Make sure you have Public Folder Sharing enabled on the machine hosting your shared folder by following the steps:
- Open Control Panel > Network > Internet\Network > Sharing Center.
- Click Change advanced sharing settings in the left-hand side navigation.
- Expand the All Networks section, click Turn on….
- Click Save changes.
After setting up the Network Shared Folder, verify that:
- All the users can access it and have the right to write files.
- The setup is correctly configured. You can check this by sending a user invitation to yourself, install the Client App, and making sure the Network Shared Folder path is specified in the project settings. Start the recording and check if the files are being saved into the Network Shared Folder.
Please find below the video format for the above-mentioned steps:
Updated about a year ago