The Task Mining Home Portal now provides access to both Assisted and Unassisted Task Mining for customers. Users can complete the following actions:
- Browse through your existing projects of Assisted and Unassisted Task Mining types, search filter, and sort according to your needs.
- Create a new project.
From now on, this is a place for you to get started with a new project as well as a storage space for the existing work!
As soon as you create Automation Cloud accounts for all the users involved in the recording process and enable the Task Mining service for your tenant, you can start working on your new recording initiatives.
These initiatives are called Projects. Projects are process discovery instances done in a limited environment with a certain number of users and a specific time frame.
The service's Home page enables you, as the Company Admin, to create multiple discovery initiatives by clicking the Start new project option.
- In the project dashboard, select Start a new project. The new project page is displayed allowing you to set up a new data capturing project, by selecting one of the recording methods available.
- Capture known task (Assisted Task Mining)
Use this option for cases where you know the task to capture and want to collect your peers' expertise to build a complete picture of it.
- Mine unknown tasks (Unassisted Task Mining)
Use this option when you want to capture the work of your team for a while, analyze the captured actions, and as a result, receive potential actionability opportunities.
- Select Mine unknown tasks and then select Next.
- Add a suitable name for your project in the Project name box and enter as many details as possible in the description box. Select Next to continue.
Project names can contain only English characters, numbers, whitespaces and underscores. Names starting with whitespace or numbers are invalid.
- Add recording users by typing the username, group name, or email and select the desired result from the dropdown list. Users will receive an email invitation to the project and also a link to download the Recorder.
If you skip this step, you can invite users in a project by following the steps from the Invite users section.
- The Recorder needs to have a set of applications allowed or denied to record from. Add them to the list and select Done
Prerequisites and limitations
To add a user to a project in Task Mining service instance, the user needs to:
- Have an active account in Automation Cloud. If a user's Cloud invitation is in Pending status, they can be invited to a Task Mining project, but the user cannot sign in to the Client App until they complete the Cloud registration.
- Be registered in the Task Mining tenant. If the user account is not displayed in the Task Mining User Invitation form it means that the user is not registered in the Automation Cloud tenant.
Follow the below steps to invite a user to record data and send an invitation email containing the Recorder Installer Link to the selected user(s):
- From the Project page, in the Team tab, click Invite.
- The Invitation form view is displayed.
- Select the user(s) by using the dropdown menu or type in the work email address. Only users that accepted invitations to Automation Cloud can be selected.
No more than 10 users can be invited to a project. 2-5 users recommended.
- Select the Recorder type. You can choose to send the EXE installer link, MSI installer link, or don't send an installer at all if the invited user already has the Client App installed.
- Click Assign. By default, the user will be assigned a Recording User role.
- A confirmation message shows up and an email containing the link to download the Client App is sent to the selected user(s).
In the Team module you can also configure the project's team of users and assign specific roles. Check out the Managing access and roles page page for more information.
Before starting the recording process, access the Settings module to configure the project's output, recorded apps, goals, and data collection policies. Check out the following pages for details about each option:
- Output Configuration - Mandatory settings
- Recorded Apps - Mandatory settings
- Data Collection Policies
After the invited users have successfully installed the Client App, access the Team tab and Start the data recording process.
Updated 7 days ago