Various errors may occur when you build or run automations with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- One of the following errors occurs when you are configuring an activity in the StudioX profile and you select Indicate in Excel in the Plus menu:
- Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.
- Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).::
- An Excel activity runs and the following error occurs:
Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application'.
- The following error occurs when a Word activity runs:
Error opening document, make sure Word application is installed. If already installed, an Office Repair may be required.
- The following error occurs when an Outlook activity runs, or when you are configuring an activity in the StudioX profile and you are trying to access Outlook data such as folders or accounts from the Plus menu:
Property accessor 'Account' on object 'UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard' threw the following exception:'Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'...
- The following error occurs when a Presentation activity runs:
Cannot open PowerPoint
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Presentations.PowerPointException: Please make sure PowerPoint is installed.
Microsoft Office installation issues may result in incorrect COM Interop configurations in the Windows registry. For example, this may happen if:
- Microsoft Office is installed, then removed, and then an older version of Office is installed.
- With Office already installed, Skype for Business is installed, which comes with different Office components than the ones in the already installed version of Microsoft Office.
The Repair Tool for Microsoft Office Interop checks the Windows registry and attempts to repair common Microsoft Office issues that cause errors when building automations. The tool generates a repair plan that you can either run on your machine or export as a
.reg file that you can deploy to other machines.
Administrator privileges are required for running the repair, but not for generating the repair plan.
- Select Home (Studio Backstage View) > Tools > Repair Tool for Microsoft Office Interop. The repair tool opens.
- Using the tabs at the top of the window, select the Microsoft Office application to repair: Excel, Outlook, Word, or PowerPoint.
- The tool automatically detects the application installation path, version, and whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit version. Verify that the information is correct, and make adjustments if needed.
- Click Generate repair plan. A list of actions to be performed is displayed.
Select one of the following options:
- Create a .REG file - Generate a
.regfile with the repair actions that you can then deploy on multiple machines.
- Run repair actions - Run the actions on your machine.
After the selected action is performed, the results are displayed on the lower part of the window.
- Create a .REG file - Generate a
If the Repair Tool for Microsoft Office Interop doesn't fix the issue, try running Microsoft's Office repair tool.
Updated 8 months ago