- About UiPath Assistant
- UiPath Assistant on Mac
- Field Descriptions
- Automation Configuration
- Task Capture Launcher
- Assistant Governance
- UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in
- About Backward and Forward Compatibility
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Updating the Robot
- Setting Up Windows Server for High-Density Robots
- Services the Robot Connects to
- UiPath.Settings File Description
- Restarting Robot Components
- Windows Sessions
- Login Using Thales Luna Credential System
- Login Using NShield Key Storage Provider
- Redirecting Robots Through a Proxy Server
- Executing Tasks in a Minimized RDP Window
- Using Mapped Network Drives
- Stopping a Process
- Disable Stop Button
- Custom Package Folders and Network Paths
- CrowdStrike Integration
- Robot Citrix Apps Virtualization
- Common Connection Errors
- Unresponsive Robot Over RDP
- Duplicate Execution Logs
- Frequently Encountered Robot Errors
- Increased Process Execution Duration
- Enforced Package Signature Verification
- Message Too Large to Process
- Errors When Running as Administrator
- NuGet Packages Not Accessible After Migration
- User Access Control Prompt and UI Automation Activities
- .NET required during installation
- Assembly Cannot Be Loaded From Network Or Azure File Share
- Activities cannot find .NET Runtime
Task Capture Launcher
Starting with the 2021.10 release, users can download and install or run the Task Capture desktop application directly from the UiPath Assistant.
This is done by expanding the right side panel of the Assistant, and clicking on the "Document a task" tile from the "UiPath Products" section, or from the expandable menu right under Home.
Launching Task Capture
If the Task Capture application is not installed on the machine, a pop-up dialog appears with a short description and video about the application and the user is able to install it from there by clicking on the install button.
The installation process takes into consideration the Assistant version (32 bit or 64 bit) and downloads the compatible Task Capture application.
If Task Capture is already installed on the machine, clicking on the "Document a Task" tile in the Assistant opens the application as usual.
Disabling the Task Capture Tile
The option to run Task Capture from Assistant is available by default for all users and can be disabled from the Launchpad section in the Assistant Preferences menu.
disableTaskCapture: truebelow (and outside of the)