- About UiPath Assistant
- UiPath Assistant on Mac
- Field Descriptions
- Automation Configuration
- Task Capture Launcher
- Assistant Governance
- UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in
- About Backward and Forward Compatibility
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Updating the Robot
- Setting Up Windows Server for High-Density Robots
- Services the Robot Connects to
- UiPath.Settings File Description
- Restarting Robot Components
- Windows Sessions
- Login Using Thales Luna Credential System
- Login Using NShield Key Storage Provider
- Redirecting Robots Through a Proxy Server
- Executing Tasks in a Minimized RDP Window
- Using Mapped Network Drives
- Stopping a Process
- Disable Stop Button
- Custom Package Folders and Network Paths
- CrowdStrike Integration
- Robot Citrix Apps Virtualization
- Common Connection Errors
- Unresponsive Robot Over RDP
- Duplicate Execution Logs
- Frequently Encountered Robot Errors
- Increased Process Execution Duration
- Enforced Package Signature Verification
- Message Too Large to Process
- Errors When Running as Administrator
- NuGet Packages Not Accessible After Migration
- User Access Control Prompt and UI Automation Activities
- .NET required during installation
- Assembly Cannot Be Loaded From Network Or Azure File Share
- Activities cannot find .NET Runtime
UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in
The UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in allows you to use UiPath Assistant capabilities in the native Excel application. This provides an easy way to run, manage, and configure Excel-specific automations without having to switch between applications.
- UiPath Assistant 2023.4.2 or higher connected to Orchestrator with an attended license.
- At least one automation with the
excelAddintag or created with the "UiPath Assistant for Excel Process" Studio Template.
- Microsoft Excel 2016 or higher, or Microsoft 365 Excel online.
Installing the add-in
The UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in can be installed directly from the Microsoft Store, or using a manifest file to manually add it on your machine or deploy it to multiple machines it in your environment.
Using the manifest file
In Excel Desktop
- Download the manifest file from the Product Downloads section in Customer Portal.
- Follow the steps described in the Microsoft documentation on this topic.
- In Excel, go to the Insert tab, and click My Add-ins, select Shared Folder, click on the UiPath tile, and select Add. A new tab called UiPath appears on the Microsoft Excel toolbar.
- Select the UiPath tab -> Find Automations to see the UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in.
In Excel Online
- In Excel Online, open a spreadsheet, then go to the Insert tab.
- Click Add-ins > My Add-ins.
- Click Upload my Add-ins, and browse to the manifest file.
From the Microsoft Store
Access this link and select Get it now.
You need to be signed in to Microsoft Store to complete the download.
- In Microsoft Excel (both desktop and online), open a spreadsheet, then go to the Insert tab.
- Click Get Add-ins, enter the WA200005457 ID in the search box, and click Add.
excelAddintag deployed for your account.
Creating automations using the template
To create an automation for the UiPath Assistant for Excel, use the dedicated Studio template with the same name. This template features the
excelAddin tag and two input arguments (
in_Selection) that populate at runtime, making it easier to pass data between Excel and the automation. Since these automations have the
excelAddin tag, they are automatically added to the UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in once published.
You can also create your own automations, making sure that they have the
excelAddin tag. To benefit from either of those input arguments, they need to be created/used inside the workflow.
in_Selectioninput arguments are present in an automation created for the add-in, they are automatically populated as follows:
- in_FilePath (String) - represents the file path from which the add-in is starts the process.
- in_Selection (String) - represents the cell/cells selected when the process is starting.