- About UiPath Assistant
- UiPath Assistant on Mac
- Field Descriptions
- Automation Configuration
- Task Capture Launcher
- Assistant Governance
- UiPath Assistant for Excel add-in
- About Backward and Forward Compatibility
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Updating the Robot
- Setting Up Windows Server for High-Density Robots
- Services the Robot Connects to
- UiPath.Settings File Description
- Restarting Robot Components
- Windows Sessions
- Login Using Thales Luna Credential System
- Login Using NShield Key Storage Provider
- Redirecting Robots Through a Proxy Server
- Executing Tasks in a Minimized RDP Window
- Using Mapped Network Drives
- Stopping a Process
- Disable Stop Button
- Custom Package Folders and Network Paths
- CrowdStrike Integration
- Robot Citrix Apps Virtualization
- Common Connection Errors
- Unresponsive Robot Over RDP
- Duplicate Execution Logs
- Frequently Encountered Robot Errors
- Increased Process Execution Duration
- Enforced Package Signature Verification
- Message Too Large to Process
- Errors When Running as Administrator
- NuGet Packages Not Accessible After Migration
- User Access Control Prompt and UI Automation Activities
- .NET required during installation
- Assembly Cannot Be Loaded From Network Or Azure File Share
- Activities cannot find .NET Runtime
About UiPath Assistant
The UiPath Assistant is a tool created specifically to turn the user's interaction with our robots into a great and enjoyable experience from the comfort of their desktops. It's the place where individuals can easily access, manage and run automations with just a couple of clicks. The interface can be customized to better suit the person behind it by choosing an avatar and a name for the robot, organizing processes in custom folders on the launchpad, or maybe choosing another theme. All of this makes the UiPath Assistant our bridge between humans and Robots.
The first time Assistant is started, you are presented with an interactive guided tour which takes you through its main features. This can always be restarted from the Help section in the Preferences menu.
As a client of the Robot, it can send commands to start or stop jobs and change settings, based on user input.
Although it is specially designed for attended use, UiPath Assistant doesn't impose any limits as to what processes you can start. This means that you're able to easily connect to Orchestrator and have jobs started from there.
During installation, you are able to choose to deploy the Robot in User Mode or Service Mode to better suit your environment. For more details, see the According to Deployment document.
After you install and run the UiPath Assistant, an icon is displayed in the system tray. Clicking this icon brings UiPath Assistant into focus, while right-clicking it brings up a menu from which you can access the Preferences, Orchestrator Settings, bring it to focus or Quit.
UiPath Assistant and Process Execution icons:
- - when the connection is established.
- - when not connected.
- - when an error is encountered, such as the UiPath Robot service being stopped.
- - when there are new or unread notifications.
The Orchestrator connection status is also displayed in the UiPath Assistant next to the preferences menu.
- - Simple Assistant
- - Running Process.
- - Running Process in PIP.
The UiPath Assistant's Interface is composed of a two column design:
The left side contains the tabs (Home, Reminders, and Marketplace), while the right side, also named "The Launchpad" has your favorite processes to provide easier access to them. You can drag and drop them to arrange them and create sections as shown below. The right side also displays the automation details when used.
On the bottom of the UiPath Assistant you can find the Robot Identity and the search bar used to find available processes. Based on the governance policies applied, the search functionality can also return results from Automation Store, Marketplace, or templates available in Studio Web.
The Home Page Tab
The Home Page tab enables you to:
- View all the available automations:
- If UiPath Assistant is connected to Orchestrator, automations from the environments and folders the Robot is a part of are displayed. Hovering over an automation displays its name, version and folder.
- If UiPath Assistant is not connected to Orchestrator, processes from the
%ProgramData%\UiPath\Packagesfolder are displayed. The
Packagesfolder can be specified, as explained on this page.
- Download automations that have a newer version available, or that need to be downloaded and unpacked locally, and view the installation status.
- Add or remove an automation from the Launchpad, click the contextual menu and then select Pin to Launchpad or simply drag and drop the process from the left panel to the Launchpad.
- View all currently running foreground and background processes.
- Pause, resume, or stop a process. The Pause button can be disabled for a process from the Studio Process Settings window. Once a process is started, the execution status is displayed. You can use the Report Status activity to have custom status messages displayed during execution.
The Reminders Tab
The Reminders tab enables you to specify a time or period for you to receive a notification for starting a process. For any process available in the Process List section, a reminder can be set.
Processes for which reminders are set, appear on the Reminders tab and a notification is displayed once a process is about to start. Please note that a process does not start without your consent. You can snooze the reminder for 10 minutes, dismiss it, or start the process.
The automation details submenu provides the following:
- Automation Name and Description - these are based on details provided in Studio when the process was created. If an automation is tied to an idea, the Automation Hub URL will be available under the description. The Automation Hub URL can be completed in Studio, in Project Settings.
Arguments used to configure processes that make use of input
arguments. If an Input Argument is mandatory, it is marked by an asterisk
*next to its name.
- The Start in PiP toggle is inherited from the project settings in Studio. If a process is set to Start in PiP in Studio, the toggle is enabled. Changing it from the UiPath Assistant overwrites the setting from Studio.
- Keyboard shortcut - provides you with the option to set a keyboard shortcut that starts the process.
The Contextual Menu
- Click on Delete personal
automation to remove the automation from both UiPath Assistant and
Orchestrator's personal workspace feed.
Note: When deleting a process from your personal folder, it deletes the process from the Orchestrator and leaves the package in place.
- Click Create desktop shortcut to start automations directly from your desktop.
- Click Add to favorites to add the automations to the Favorites section of the Launchpad.
- Click Copy link to automation to create a link that, when accessed, opens Assistant to that automation. You can also do this by clicking the Copy button next to each automations name. This button is only visible for automations installed in shared folders.
The UiPath Products Group
In the launchpad, you can find the UiPath Products, which based on the governance policies applied can contain the Task Capture Launcher, the option to submit an idea to Automation Hub, and a shortcut to open Studio Web.
This section can be disabled from the Launchpad section in the Preferences menu of the UiPath Assistant.
The Running Tab
When an automation is running, you can see the steps it goes through in real time, by checking the Running Tab in the Automation Details section.
vbNewLineas a line separator for the status message text.
To make the Robot more human, you can give it an identity by choosing an picture and a name. Just click on the Robot next to the search bar to change the Robot's appearance and name.
Installing UiPath Assistant
The UiPath Assistant is available for both Windows and macOS machines. Here's how you install it:
Installing on Windows
On Windows machines, UiPath Assistant comes bundled with the UiPathStudio.msi installer. You can install is using the wizard, or by command line when installing the robot. The application can be deployed in user mode or in service mode.
Use the following command to install UiPath Assistant:
UiPathStudio.msi ADDLOCAL=Robot /QUiPathStudio.msi ADDLOCAL=Robot,RegisterService /QUiPathStudio.msi ADDLOCAL=Robot /QUiPathStudio.msi ADDLOCAL=Robot,RegisterService /Q
Installing on Mac
The UiPath Assistant is available for macOS machines as a
for both Intel or Apple Silicon devices.
- Download the
.dmgfile from the Featured Download section in the Automation Cloud Resource Center
- Download for Intel Macs - x64
- Download for Apple Silicon
- Double-click the DMG file to make its content available.
- Drag the application from the DMG window into the Applications directory to install it.
- Wait for the copy process to
Signing In to Your Account
- Click the Sign in button from the main window or click to open the Preferences menu, then click Sign In.
- A new browser window opens. Depending on your
authentication method, you can either log in with your username and password or by
using one of the available authentication providers.
When you log in, you are authenticated against the default Service URL,
https://cloud.uipath.com. For more information about using interactive sign-in, see the interactive sign-in documentation.
- If your organization is using a basic authentication proxy, the UiPath Assistant automatically detects it, and prompts you to enter the username and password. For more information, see the robot documentation on proxy configurations.
- If your organization defined a trusted IP range using access policies, and your
IP falls outside this range, you will be prompted with the following error
UiPath Robot Error. Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (Forbidden). See more information about Restricting access by IP.
Connections in UiPath Assistant
Connections can be used directly from the UiPath Assistant by accessing the Process Details menu.
If a process already has connections set up, the user can select it from the list. Otherwise, they can create a new one from the same menu.
If a connection has multiple accounts tied to it, you can select a specific one from the dropdown menu.