- Click Add. The Add Role window is displayed.
- In the Name field, type a custom name for the role.
- Select the rights that you want to assign to the new role, either individually or by category/type.
- Click Create. The Manage Users window now appears.
- Select the users you want to assign.
- Click Update. The new role is displayed in the Roles page.
- Click Manage Users for a specific role. The Manage Users window is displayed.
- Select or clear the users whose roles you want to modify.
- Click the Update button.
Users can have more than one role.
To edit the permissions of an existing role click the corresponding Edit button, change the permissions and click Update.
The Administrator role cannot be deleted.
To delete a role, click the corresponding Remove button.
Alternatively, you can select multiple roles and click Remove.
Deleting a role also removes it from any user that had it assigned.
Users without an assigned role cannot access any resource.