The below steps are valid for Google external login setup in ASP.NET. Please note that the below procedure is a broad description of a sample configuration. For a fully detailed how-to, visit the official Microsoft Documentation.
- Navigate to Integrating Google Sign-In into your web app and click Configure a project.
- In the Configure a project for Google Sign-in client dialog, enter a new project name.
- In the Configure your OAuth client dialog, select Web server from the drop-down.
- In the Authorized redirect URIs text entry box, set the redirect URI by filling in the URL of the Orchestrator instance plus the suffix
/identity/google-signin. For example,
Replace all occurrences of
https://platform.uipath.com with the URL of your Orchestrator instance.
Whenever filling in the URL of the Orchestrator instance, make sure it does not contain a trailing slash. Always fill it in as
- Click Create.
- Save the Client ID and Client Secret. You'll use them later in Identity Server.
- When deploying the site, register the new public URL from the Google Console.
- Define a user in Orchestrator and have a valid Google email address set on the Users page.
- Make sure that the following configuration is present in Identity Server's Google settings within External Providers page (read here how to access Identity Server):
- Select the Enabled check box.
- Set the Client ID parameter to the value obtained by configuring Google authentication.
- Set the Client Secret parameter to the value obtained by configuring Google authentication.
- Click Save to save the changes to the external identity provider settings.
- Restart the IIS site after performing any configuration changes within Identity Server.
Updated 3 months ago