For this app, you will use the following:
- An app template.
- A sample workflow.
- An entity.
To get more familiar with the features used in this tutorial, check the following pages:
- Schema Import and Export to find out how you can transfer your entities, choice sets, and relationships between tenants.
- Importing an App to find out how to import an app.
- Using App Studio to get more familiar with App Studio.
- Referencing an Entity in your App to find out how to reference an entity in your app.
- Publishing a New Version of an App to find out how to publish an app.
Before you start this tutorial, make sure to check the Prerequisites section.
Before you start, make sure you have the following:
- An Automation Cloud account and meet the Apps Prerequisites for Studio and Robot with JS add-in.
- The Apps Tutorial Sample Process file downloaded.
This tutorial is split into several different sections, depending on which step you are in the process and which product you need to use.
The first step is to import the schema in UiPath Data Service. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to Data Service.
- Click Import/Export and select Import Schema.
- Select the
The Trades schema is now imported to Data Service.
The next step is to publish the workflow using UiPath Studio. To do this, follow the steps below:
1, Open the
project.json file from the
AppsTutorial_TradeLogger_Workflow folder using UiPath Studio.
- Click Manage Entities.
- Click Refresh then Save.
- Publish to UiPath Orchestrator using one of the following methods:
- Publish to your personal workspace.
- Publish to a tenant/folder feed.
Note: This step is optional and only needed if you published the workflow to a tenant/folder feed.
Publish the newly published process using UiPath Orchestrator and make sure that it is available on your attended robot.
For more information on publishing projects, check the Publishing Automation Projects page.
The final step is to import the app in UiPath Apps. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apps.
- Click Build a new app.
- Click Import from file and select the
Trade Logger App Template.uiappfile.
- Click Create.
- Open the app.
When you first open the app, the app will have some errors. To remove these errors, you need to configure your dependencies. Follow the next steps to do this.
- Click on the red error icon to locate and replace the process and entity.
Now that everything is configured, check the video below for the tutorial. Use this to better understand what this app is about, how to use it, and how to get the best out of UiPath Apps.
Check the How To section of this guide for more useful use cases. You can learn how to do the following:
Updated 4 days ago