Copies the value from a spreadsheet cell. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
- Cell - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select an Excel file and a named cell whose value to read, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate a cell directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter a cell address manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Save to - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select where to save the value:
- Save to the Project Notebook or a parent Excel file. For example, you can save to a cell in an Excel file.
- Copy to clipboard - Save the value to the clipboard.
- Save for Later Use - Save the value for later use in the project.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- Get formatted text - If selected, the cell's number format is also read (for example, date or currency). If not selected, only the cell value is read. This option is selected by default.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Cell - See Cell in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- Get formatted text - See Get formatted text in the body of the activity.
- Save to - See Save to in the body of the activity.