Fatal and Error alerts can be sent via email messages to users if they meet the following criteria:
- the Enable Alerts Email check box from the Settings page is selected.
- the email settings are properly set up in the Settings page.
- users have a valid address specified in the Users page.
- View permissions for the Alerts page.
Notifications are sent individually, as they happen (in real time). Additionally, a daily report is sent at 7 a.m. (Coordinated Universal Time).
To enable email alerts, you have to configure multiple settings on the Mail tab, in the Settings page.
The daily email alert report (Alerts Dashboard) is sent at 7 a.m. by default. The report contains information for the previous 24 hours, as follows:
- Robots went offline - the total number of alerts generated by Robots that went offline.
- Robots went online - the total number of alerts generated by Robots that became available.
- Transactions with Application Exception - the number of transactions that failed with an Application Exception.
- Transactions with Business Exception - the number of transactions that failed with a Business Exception.
- Faulted Jobs - the total number of alerts generated for jobs that failed.
- Queues with items out of SLA or at risk - the number of queues that have items whose SLA is about to expire or has expired already.
- Navigate to https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords.
- Sign in using the e-mail address which is to send mail messages from Orchestrator.
- From the Select App drop-down list, select Mail.
- From the Select Device drop-down list, select Windows Computer.
- Click Generate. The Generated App Password window containing an app password is displayed.
- Copy the generated app password to the Clipboard.
- In Orchestrator, in the Settings page > Email Setup section, select the Enable alert email checkbox.
Make sure that system email notifications have been configured.
Once saved, all accounts that have an e-mail address configured in the Manage Access page and an assigned role that grants them View permissions on the Alerts page receive email alerts every time a Fatal or Error alert is encountered, and a daily detailed report of all alerts.
After entering your settings in the Mail tab as detailed above, you can ensure alert emails are functioning properly using the Test Mail Settings feature:
- Click Test Mail Settings. The Test Mail Settings window appears:
- In the Send To field, enter the address where the test email should be sent. This field is automatically populated with the email address of the current account, if available, in this case [email protected]
- Click Send. A window will appear indicating if the email was sent successfully or an error occurred.
- Check the test email inbox to verify the message was received as expected.
Testing does not save your settings, you must still click Save to apply these settings to your setup.
Now all accounts that have an e-mail address configured in the Manage Access page and an assigned role that grants them View permissions on the Alerts page receive email alerts every time a Fatal or Error alert is encountered, and a daily detailed report of all alerts.
Updated 3 months ago