Adding directory users or groups requires enabled Windows Authentication in your Orchestrator instance.
Note: Group configuration (roles, web login, robot settings) is passed-on to any directory user that belongs to that group, and is later on added or auto-provisioned.
1. From the Users page, click the Add button and select Add Directory User or Group. The Add Directory User or Group window is displayed.
2. Use the Domain name drop-down to select the Active Directory domain from where you want to add the user or group. Please note that it can take up to an hour to update the domain list with newly added two-way trusted domains.
3. In the Group or Username field, enter the the Active Directory group or user you want to add.
4. From the Roles drop-down, select the role(s) for this group or user.
5. Click Add to finish the user provisioning or open the Robot Settings tab and follow the remaning steps below to configure robot creation for the user or group.
6. Use the toggle to select whether to automatically create a robot for the directory user or directory group.
8. Click the External license check box if the robots are licensed externally and not through Orchestrator.
9. Configure execution settings for your Robots in the Execution Settings section.
Note: Execution settings can only be configured when adding users individually. Groups are added with the default execution settings. These are described here. To customize execution settings for directory users, you have to make the adjustments explicitly for them, once they have been auto-provisioned or added individually.
10. Click Add. The user or user group is created and displayed in the Users page.
1. From the Users page, click the Add button and select User. The Add Local User window is displayed.
2. In the Username field enter a name for the user.
3. (Optional). In the Name field, enter the user's name.
4. (Optional). In the Surname field, enter the user's surname.
5. (Optional). In the Email field, enter the user's email address.
6. (Optional). In the Password and Confirm Password fields, enter the password for this user. Note that it must be at least 8 characters in length and contain at least one lowercase letter and one number.
7. From the Roles drop-down, select the role(s) you want to assign this user.
8. Use the Allow Web login toggle to select if this user is able to login to your Orchestrator instance.
9. Use the Allow Basic Authentication toggle to select if this user is able to authenticate to Orchestrator using basic authentication. This toggle is only available if the
Auth.RestrictBasicAuthentication setting in your
web.config file is set to
false. See here for details.
10. Click Provision to finish the user creation or open the Robot Settings tab and follow the remaning steps below to configure robot creation for this user.
11. Use the toggle to select whether to Automatically create a robot for this user.
12. Use the License Type radio buttons to select how the robot is licensed. Read about license types here.
13. Click the External license check box if the robot is licensed externally and not through Orchestrator.
14. (Optional). Configure the robot Execution Settings. Learn more about these settings here.
15. Click Create. The user is created and appears in the Users page.
To edit a user entity (be it a local user, a directory user, or a directory group), click the corresponding More Actions button in the Users page, and then Edit. Make the desired changes and click Update.
To remove a user entity (be it a local user, a directory user, or a directory group), click the corresponding More Actions button in the Users page, and then Remove.
Alternatively, select one or multiple users, and click the Remove button.
You cannot delete a user having the Administrator role.
Updated 8 days ago