The Modern folders feature, used in conjunction with Active Directory integration functionality of Orchestrator, enables the quick and convenient management of your organization's attended automation deployment, no matter how large.
With Active Directory integration, the robot access and Orchestrator access for any individual directory user or directory group is managed by the group roles of your directory. There is no need to manually create each user or individually manage their permissions.
Using the hierarchical structure available with modern folders, you can organize and group Orchestrator entities to match your organizational structure and, using custom roles assignment, give any user/group access only to those resources needed.
This way, any user can log in from any available machine and immediately have a robot available to them ready to execute all processes to which they have been granted access. Any changes in your organization (e.g., new hires, departmental transfers, etc.) need only be updated in your directory.
- Imported AD identities are checked directly against the directory database. There is no need to duplicate the directory in your Orchestrator instance.
- Use the set of credentials configured in AD to access Orchestrator.
- Automatically create a Robot/user for an imported AD group.
- Assign a license type for Robots created automatically.
- Better organize user layers in your Orchestrator instance from a functional standpoint.
- Better secure user layers in your instance by partitioning control in your system and granting access right granularly per folder level.
- Restart finalized jobs keeping the previous execution settings.
- Allow smooth execution of long-running workflows that require logical fragmentation or human intervention.
Updated 2 months ago