The Modern folders feature, used in conjunction with the Active Directory integration functionality of Orchestrator, enables the quick and convenient management of your organization's attended automation deployment, no matter how large.
With AD integration, any individual directory user's or directory group's robot access and/or Orchestrator access is managed by the group roles of your directory. There is no need to manually create each user and robot, or individually manage their permissions.
Using the hierarchical structure available with Modern folders, you can organize and group Orchestrator entities to match your organizational structure and, using custom roles assignment, give any user/group access only to those resources needed. Read about moving from a Classic to a Modern folder structure here.
This way, any user can log in from any available machine and immediately have a robot available to them ready to execute all processes to which they have been granted access. Any changes in your organization (e.g. new hires, departmental transfers, etc.) need only be updated in your directory.
- Imported AD identities are checked directly against the directory database, there is no need to duplicate the directory in your Orchestrator instance. Details here.
- Use the set of credentials configured in AD to access Orchestrator. Details here.
- Automatically create a Robot/user for an imported AD group. Details here.
- Assign a license type for Robots created automatically (step 3). Details here.
- Better organize user layers in your Orchestrator instance from a functional standpoint. Details here.
- Better secure user layers in your instance by partitioning control in your system, and granting access right granularly per folder level. Details here.
- Restart finalized jobs keeping the previous execution settings. Details here.
- Allow smooth execution of long-running workflows which require logical fragmentation or human intervention. Details here.
Updated 3 months ago