Notifications can be related to user accounts (password recovery), or be related to email alerts from Orchestrator.
To configure email preferences, log in to the host Management portal as a system administrator and navigate to the Global Settings page.
The Domain of the SMTP server.
Domain for the username, if SMTP server requires authentication.
The SMTP port.
The username of the SMTP server, if it requires authentication. For example, if you are using Gmail, fill in this field with the email address to be used to send messages.
The email account password.
Default From Address
The email address from which to send system email messages.
Default From Display Name
A custom display name for the email address from which you send system notifications.
For offline installations, if system emails are not sent and you encounter the error SslHandshakeException, make sure that both port
80 and port
587 are opened for the installation.
Enable secure connection
If switched on, the connection is secured and a TLS certificate is required for the used SMTP domain.
If switched off, the connection is not secured.
Configuring the SMTP Server for a Google account is not very different from any regular configuration. In the host Management portal, configure the settings as follows:
- SMTP Host:
smtp.gmail.com(Google SMTP server).
- SMTP Port:
587(default Google SMTP port).
- SMTP Username: The email address to send mail messages from. For example,
- SMTP Password: The password for the email address you want to use. It has to be the password of the account that was specified in the SMTP Username field.
- Default From Address: The email address from which to send the email messages. It has to be the same one as the one used in the SMTP Username field, in our example,
- Default From Display Name: A custom name you want recipients to see for the sender of the email notification. For example,
Orchestrator System Notifications.
If you provide a Google account for the SMTP Username, you also need to do the following:
- Open a web browser and log in to Google with the credentials used in the SMTP Username and SMTP Password fields.
- Allow Orchestrator to access the account by clicking this link.
- If the account does not have 2-step verification, then you must allow less secure apps by following this link and turning the Allow less secure apps option to ON.
This ensures that the password reset request is properly processed and delivered from the email address configured in the Mail tab to the one configured in the Users page of the user making the request.
Updated 4 months ago