A user is an entity that stores the assigned role(s), email settings and enables you to log in to Orchestrator (you may use either your username or email address). A user’s view of Orchestrator is dependent on the assigned roles. There are two pages containing user-pertaining information: the User page and the Profile page. Populating one of them overwrites the associated information in the other one (name, surname, email address).
Displays all available users, enables you to edit their details or remove them, or import users from Active Directory groups (only if the
WindowsAuth.Enabled parameter is set to
true and the
WindowsAuth.Domain parameter is filled in with a valid domain).
You can open the Users page from the User menu.
Orchestrator comes with one predefined user only: admin. Its username cannot be changed, and it cannot be deleted. It comes with the Administrator role, but you can add other roles to it, and even deactivate it. Note that you can not deactivate the user you are currently logged in with.
If Organization Units are enabled, a user with no assigned Organization Unit does not have access to any type of entity.
Users created in Orchestrator with Enabled Windows Authentication can log in both as a local and domain user.
Logging in with the same user on a different machine disconnects the user from the first machine.
After 10 failed login attempts the user is locked out for 5 minutes. These are the default Account Lockout settings which can be changed on the Security tab.
Users with the Administrator role can activate, deactivate, and remove other users as well as edit information, including the password. You cannot delete users that have the Administrator role.
The Robot user is automatically created when you deploy a Robot to Orchestrator, with the Robot role. This grants your Robot access to multiple pages, so that it's able to:
- read details from the Settings page;
- communicate and display its configuration its status in the Robots page;
- read process and package information;
- read data from the Assets page;
- be displayed in the Environments page and be assigned to environments;
- read queue details from the Queues page;
- view, edit and create transactions;
- display its status in the Jobs page and read information, such as which process to execute;
- communicate its status in the Schedules page and read information such as when to execute a given process;
- write logged messages to the Logs page.
For Robot users you can only edit roles. You cannot delete Robot users.
The Login Attempts window is not available for Robot users.
The User type is used to log into Orchestrator, have a custom view of Orchestrator, depending on your position within the automating team and, optionally, to receive email alerts. This type of users can be imported from the Active Directory or they can be created directly in Orchestrator (local users).
The Profile page consists of four sections which enable you to configure and monitor several aspects such as the password, alert subscription and login attempts:
- General - enables you to change details such as name, surname, email and theme (theme settings are applied at browser level);
- Alerts - enables you to subscribe to alerts;
- Security - enables you to change your password (only displayed for the current user);
- Login Attempts - enables you to monitor the login attempts.
There are two ways of displaying the Profile page:
- For the current user, click User > [tenant/username]
- For any existing user, on the Users page, click the corresponding More Actions button and then View Profile.
In order to be able to perform various operations on the Users and Profile pages, you need to be granted the corresponding permissions:
- View on Users - Displaying the Users and Profile pages.
- Edit on Users - Editing user details and settings on the Profile page, and activating/deactivating users on the Users page. Configuring the Alerts section on the Profile page requires the corresponding View permissions per alert category. Details here.
- Edit on Users, View on Roles - Editing user details and settings on the Users page.
- Create on Users, View on Roles - Creating a user.
- Delete on Users - Removing a user.
Read more about roles.