Saves an Excel workbook as a PDF file. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
- Workbook - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select the Excel workbook to save as PDF. Alternatively, you can select Open in Advanced Editor and enter a VB expression.
- Save as file - Click Browse next to the field, and then browse to the folder where to create the file and enter the file name. Alternatively, you can indicate the full path of the file to create by using one of the options in the Plus menu on the right side of the field:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select an Excel file, and then select a cell that contains a file path.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value in the form of a file path that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter a file path in the Text Builder.
- Ask when run - Prompt for a file path when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, the file is overwritten. If only a file name is specified, the PDF file is created in the project folder.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Destination pdf path - See Save as file in the body of the activity.
- End page - Optionally, specify the number of the last page to include in the PDF. If no page number is specified, the file is saved up to the last page.
- Save quality - Select the quality at which to save the file, either Standard Quality (optimized for online publishing and printing) or Minimum Quality (optimized for online publishing). The default option is Standard Quality.
- Start page - Optionally, enter the number of the first page to include in the PDF. If no page number is specified, the file is saved starting with the first page.
- Workbook - See Workbook in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 9 months ago