Reads all entries from a specified CSV file.
- FilePath - Full path of the CSV file.
- DataTable - Represents the output DataTable that contains the information obtained from the CSV file.
- Delimitator - Specifies the delimitator in the CSV file. It can be comma(',') or semicolon(';').
- IncludeColumnNames - Specifies if the first row in the CSV file should be considered to contain the column names. If set to false, the output DataTable will have columns with default names.
- Encoding - The encoding type to be used. You can find the complete list of codes for each character encoding here. To specify the encoding type to be used, use the value from the Name field. If no encoding type is specified, the activity will search for the file's Byte Order Marks to detect the encoding. If no Byte Order Marks are detected, the system ANSI code page is selected by default. This field supports String variables.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
To exemplify how to use this activity, we have built an automation project that, among others, includes a Read CSV activity.
You can check and download the example from here