Inserts one or more rows in a table, range, or sheet at the specified location. Specify where to insert the rows, how many rows to insert, and at what position to insert the rows in the specified range. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
- In what table or range - Click Plus on the right side of the field, then, from the menu, select the file and then a sheet, table, or range where to insert the rows, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate a range directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter the range, sheet name, or table manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Number of rows - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then select Number to enter the number of rows to add. Alternatively, you can use one of the other options in the menu:
- Select the Excel file, and then select Indicate in Excel to indicate a cell that contains a number.
- Use Saved Value - Select a numeric value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- Where - Select from the drop-down menu the position within the selection for In what table or range where to insert the rows: Start, End, or Specific index. If you select Specific index, the Row number field appears where you must indicate the number of the row in your selection to use as starting position.
- Has headers - Select this option if your selection for In what table or range includes a header row. If selected, the first row in your selection is not counted when the position where to insert the rows is determined.
For example, if you select to insert two rows at the start of the range A8:C10 and Has headers is selected, the rows are inserted below A8:A10. If Has headers is not selected, the rows are inserted above A8:A10.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Insert position - See Where in the body of the activity.
- Number of rows - See Number of rows in the body of the activity.
- Source range - See In what table or range in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 25 days ago