Returns the selected range as a String variable.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Range - The retrieved range, stored in a String variable. This field supports only strings and String variables.
Get Selected Range activity can be used as a confirmation tool or as an information extractor tool.
- Confirmation tool: when used together with the Select Range activity, the Get Selected Range activity confirms the automatically selected range.
- Information Extractor Tool: when used as a standalone activity, Get Selected Range extracts the information and notifies the user about the manually selected range.
To exemplify how to use this activity, we have built an automation project which opens an Excel workbook and then displays a message box, in which time you can select a range which is then copied and displayed in another message box.
Updated 9 months ago