UiPath Inc. and its affiliates, do not process, use, access, or store any customer data when using this product.
This extension helps you create browser automations in Edge Chromium. You can install this extension in multiple ways, as shown below:
- Access the Tools page from the Studio Backstage View. The extensions you can install are visible in this page.
- Click the Edge button. A confirmation dialog box is displayed. The extension is now installed.
- Click Enable extension in the Edge Chromium confirmation pop-up. The extension is now enabled.
- Run the Studio Installer and click Advanced in the License Agreement section. The Product Features window is displayed.
- Click the UiPath extension for Microsoft Edge Chromium-based drop-down and choose to install this feature.
- Click Next. Studio setup continues while also installing the extension for Edge.
- Make sure all instances of Edge are closed.
- You can install the extension for the current user by running the following command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /edge-chromium
Alternatively, using administrator privileges, you can install the extension for all users on the target machine with the following command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /edge-chromium-global
- Start the Edge browser and click the Add Extension button. The extension is now installed and activated.
You can also install the UiPath Extension for Edge by using Group Policies. This method silently installs the extension and enables it, without requiring user confirmation.
This installation method requires that the target machine has access to the Chrome Web Store (
https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx), is joined to a Microsoft Active Directory domain, and is running Windows 10 Pro.
To install via policy, perform the following steps:
- In the ExtensionInstallForceList policy, add
- In the NativeMessagingAllowList policy, add
- On the target machine, install the UiPath Extension for Edge with administrator privileges using the following command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /edge-chromium-policyglobal
The UiPath Extension for Edge can be uninstalled using the following command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /edge-chromium-cleanup
Your system administrator might have configured Group Policies that prevent the UiPath Extension for Edge from working. To enable it, please follow the instructions from the Group Policies page.
Updated 8 days ago