Data-driven testing allows you to test your RPA workflows and applications to make sure that the automations can handle multiple scenarios.
When you configure data sources for your data variation, you can choose from the following options:
- File, if you want to use Excel and CSV files.
- Auto Generate, for test data that is automatically generated to cover as many paths as possible during execution.
- Data Service, if you use Data Service entities (Automation Cloud only).
- Existing data for any type of data that has already been stored in your project, in the Test Data folder.
- Test Data Queue if you have configured a JSON schema and added a test data queue in Orchestrator.
The following table lists the actions that you can take for test cases that contain data variation.
Update test data
Update the imported test data by choosing whether to create a new file or overwrite existing data. You can use this when you have made any changes to the Excel file. Any new columns will be added as arguments to the test case.
For Data Service entities, you can update the test case using new filter through the Query Builder.
For Files (e.g., Excel), you need to browse for the file and select the Worksheet. You can select individual or all values from the file.
For Data Service, you need to select an entity.
You can perform this action in Test Explorer by right-clicking a file, and then choosing Update Test Data.
Remove test data
Remove test data from the test case.
You can perform this action in Test Explorer by right-clicking a file, and then choosing Remove Test Data.
Modify test data JSON file
Update test data directly into the JSON file. The file is created after adding test data to the test case.
Only for test data files.
Updated 28 days ago