Please be aware that Microsoft Edge Legacy is out of support. We recommend you transition to Microsoft Edge instead.
The UiPath Extension for Edge Legacy can only be installed on Windows 10 versions 1803 and above.
This extension helps you create browser automations in Edge Legacy. It can be installed from Studio, the Command Prompt, or from the Microsoft Store.
If you encounter any issues, please consult the troubleshooting guide.
The steps for installing the extension for Edge Legacy and Edge Chromium are the same. The setup procedure automatically detects the type of browser installed on your machine and deploys the corresponding extension.
Your machine needs to be part of a domain to be able to install the extension for Edge Legacy.
- Access the Tools page from the Studio Backstage View. The extensions you can install become visible.
- Click the Edge button. A confirmation dialog box is displayed. The extension is now installed.
- Click the Windows Start button and type
cmdin the search field.
- Right click on Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Change the directory to the UiPath installation folder (cd C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath).
- Use the
SetupExtensions.exe /Edgecommand to install the extension. A confirmation pop-up is displayed in Edge.
- Start (or restart) the Edge browser, so the installation can complete. A new UiPath icon appears in the top right:
If the computer is not part of a domain, the setup opens the Microsoft Store page to download and install the extension. In this case, simply follow these steps:
- Click the Get button once the Microsoft Store is opened.
- Wait for the Edge Legacy extension to install, then click the Launch button. The Edge Legacy browser is opened and a pop-up is displayed.
- Click the Turn it on button to activate the UiPath Extension for Edge Legacy. The extension is now installed and a new UiPath icon appears in the top right.
Updated 9 months ago