It is NOT supported to have both the User Mode installer (.exe) and Windows Installer (.msi) versions of Studio on the same machine.
The installation artifacts are provided when you first purchase Studio or they can be provided by your customer success manager or our support team.
UiPath collects usage and performance data to help diagnose problems and help improve Studio. For more details about data collection and how to opt out, go to the Opting Out of Telemetry page.
There are two installers which can help you install Studio on your computer:
UiPathStudio.msi. The only difference between the two is that the
UiPathPlatformInstaller.exe setup can also help you install Orchestrator.
Setup command line arguments do not work on the
Studio is installed at the following location -
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio, thus allowing the installation of Studio per machine by users with administrator permissions, but it is available to all users.
You can change the install location by making use of the command line arguments. Additionally, the CLI can help you disable online feeds, add custom activity feeds, or change the location of the packages.
After reading and accepting the terms of the License Agreement, the following Advanced options are available:
- UiPath Studio - Installs Studio. This option is enabled by default.
- UiPath Robot - Installs the Robot on the local hard drive with the chosen options:
- Register as Windows Service - Specifies how to install the Robot. If enabled, it is installed as a Windows service - the default option. If disabled, the Robot is installed in user mode.
- Install local activities feed - Created the local activities feed, in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\Packagesfolder, by default. This option is enabled by default. Having the activities packages locally is useful if you do not intend to connect your Robot to Orchestrator, or you want to have a better control of the activities used in an automation project.
- Automatically start client - Starts the Robot tray at Windows startup. This option is disabled by default.
- Java Bridge - Install the UiPath Java Bridge for a better integration and automation in regards to Java applications. This option is disabled by default. Please note that installing the Java Bridge may cause the installation to last longer than usual. This option installs the Java Bridge only in the system drive Java folders. If you are using custom JRE not located on the system drive, you have to manually install it.
- Chrome Extension - Installs the UiPath Chrome extensions needed for automating processes in Chrome. This option is disabled by default.
To change the default installer settings, click the button next to each feature and select one of the following options:
- Will be installed on the local hard drive - helps you install the corresponding feature on the local hard drive.
- Entire feature will be installed on the local hard drive - installs the corresponding feature on the local hard drive, along with all its sub-features.
- Entire feature will be unavailable - does not install the corresponding feature.
Launching the User Mode installer (.exe) installer while another such installer is running, results in corrupt installation.
UiPathStudioSetup.exe file enables you to install a user-mode Studio and a Robot. The installation path -
%localappdata%\UiPath and all other advanced options are already configured to help you get Studio up and running right away.
The User Mode installer does not require administrator permissions, meaning that it is installed per user and is limited to the rights that the user has.