Depending on the way the application is launched, the license types available are defined as follows:
Select this option to register using a free Community license. The license is valid for a limited period of time but it can be renewed.
Please note that this type of license can be activated only online.
If you have a stand-alone license code, activate Task Capture by selecting this option. This type of license activates the Enterprise Edition of Task Capture. A license code for unlimited users in the organization is provided to customers who have upgraded to Standard plan in Automation Hub. To activate this type of license, follow the below steps:
- Click Activate Stand-Alone License
- The UiPath Registration pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the License Code.
- Select the type of activation process from the below:
- Automatic activation
This process requires an internet connection.
- Manual activation
- Automatic activation
Please note that the offline (manual) activation is not available for the Community licenses.
If you are renewing your license, please first delete the License folder from %appdata%\Task Capture\UiPath Task Capture\License folder, then follow the steps described below.
When UiPath Task Capture is installed on a machine that is not connected to the internet or when your network security software/firewall prevents access to our license validation server, you can manually activate it by following the steps below:
- Click the Activate Stand-Alone License option. The registration window is displayed.
- Fill in the License Code field with the license key you received. Select the Manual activation option. Click the Activate button.
- The License Request is copied to your clipboard. Paste it to a text file.
- Send the file to a computer with Internet access.
- On the computer with Internet access navigate to https://activate.uipath.com/.
- Make sure the Activate Your License tab is selected on the webpage.
- Paste the License Request code in the Activation Request Certificate field.
- Click Generate License File.
- The license code is generated. Click Copy License to Clipboard to copy the license code to the clipboard.
- Paste the License Code to a text file and send it to the machine you want to activate your license on.
- On the machine you want to activate your license on, on the UiPath Registration pop-up click the Next button.
- The last step of the Manual Activation wizard is displayed.
- In the Input field paste the license code obtained at step 10.
- Press the Activate button. Your license is now activated.
If you run Task Capture from Automation Hub, the license applied will be corresponding to your Automation Hub pricing plan:
For details about updating the selected license model check the License Details section from the File page.
This functionality is available only for the Test Manager users registered in the tool's limited General Availability phase.
If you run Task Capture from Test Manager the license applied will have a specific endDate of license validation. This is set up to 2 weeks starting with the day it is applied.
This signifies that, when Task Capture is launched from Test Manager, it can be used as a desktop tool for 2 weeks after which one of the below scenarios apply:
- In case you do not launch Task Capture from Test Manager again during this period of time (2 weeks), the license activation page will be displayed in Task Capture and you will need to select a different license type.
- If you launch Task Capture from Test Manager during the 2 weeks time frame, the endDate is updated with this new start day and it's sent to Task Capture.
Updated about a month ago