Depending on the way the application is launched, the available license types are defined as follows:
Select this option to register using a free Community license. The license is valid for a limited period of time but it can be renewed.
Please note that this type of license can be activated only online.
If you have a stand-alone license code, activate Task Capture by selecting this option. This type of license activates the Enterprise Edition of Task Capture.
A license code for unlimited users in the organization is provided to customers who have upgraded to Standard plan in Automation Hub. For details about the other licensing policy regulations and specific restrictions applicable please check the UiPath Licensing page.
To activate this type of license, follow the below steps:
- Click Activate Stand-Alone License
- The UiPath Registration pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the License Code.
- Select the type of activation process from the below:
- Automatic activation: This process requires an internet connection.
- Manual activation
Please note that the offline (manual) activation is not available for the Community licenses. If you are renewing your license, please first delete the License folder from %AppData%\Task Capture\UiPath Task Capture\License folder, then follow the steps described below.
When UiPath Task Capture is installed on a machine that is not connected to the internet or when your network security software/firewall prevents access to our license validation server, you can manually activate it by following the steps below:
- Click the Activate Stand-Alone License option. The registration window is displayed.
- Fill in the License Code field with the license key you received. Select the Manual activation option. Click the Activate button.
- The License Request is copied to your clipboard. Paste it to a text file.
- Send the file to a computer with Internet access.
- On the computer with Internet access navigate to https://activate.uipath.com.
- Make sure the Activate Your License tab is selected on the webpage.
- Paste the License Request code in the Activation Request Certificate field.
- Click Generate License File.
- The license code is generated. Click Copy License to Clipboard to copy the license code to the clipboard.
- Paste the License Code to a text file and send it to the machine you want to activate your license on.
- On the machine you want to activate your license, on the UiPath Registration pop-up click the Next button.
- The last step of the Manual Activation wizard is displayed. In the Input field, paste the license code obtained at step 9.
- Click Activate. Your license is now activated.
If you run Task Capture from Automation Hub, the license applied will be corresponding to your Automation Hub pricing plan:
- you run Task Capture from an Automation Hub trial instance, a trial license type is assigned in Task Capture.
- you run Task Capture from an Automation Hub standard instance, a standard license type is assigned in Task Capture.
For details about updating the selected license model check the License Details section from the File page.
If you run Task Capture from Test Manager the license applied has a specific endDate of license validation. This is set up to 2 weeks starting with the day it is applied.
This signifies that, when Task Capture is launched from Test Manager, it can be used as a desktop tool for 2 weeks after which one of the below scenarios occurs:
- In case you do not launch Task Capture from Test Manager again during this period of time (2 weeks), the license activation page is displayed in Task Capture and you need to select a different license type.
- If you launch Task Capture from Test Manager during the 2 weeks time frame, the endDate is updated with this new start day and it's sent to Task Capture.
To have the Task Capture license deactivated please follow the below steps:
- Fill in this request form and Submit it.
- Our licensing team will remove the activation from the licensing server. Wait for their confirmation.
- After the license activation is removed access the License file folder. Depending on the type of installer file used, the folder can be found in:
- TaskCapture.exe: %AppData%\Task Capture\UiPath Task Capture
- TaskCapture.msi: %ProgramData%\UiPath Task Capture
- Delete the locally stored license.
You can also deactivate Task Capture by using Command Line Parameters. Please check the Command Line Parameters page for details.
Updated 2 months ago