UiPath Inc. and its affiliates, do not process, use, access, or store any customer data when using this product.
This extension helps you create browser automations in Google Chrome. Please note that you need to use at least Google Chrome version 64 to perform browser automations.
You can install this extension in multiple ways, as shown below:
- Access the Tools page from the Studio Backstage View. The extensions you can install are visible in this page.
- Click the Chrome button. A confirmation dialog box is displayed. The extension is now installed.
- Click Enable extension in the Google Chrome confirmation pop-up. The extension is now enabled.
- Run the UiPathStudio.msi installer and navigate to the Installation Details section.
- Switch to the Advanced tab and select UiPath extension for Chrome.
- Click Install. Studio setup continues while also installing the extension for Chrome.
- Make sure all instances of Chrome are closed.
- You can install the extension for the current user by running the following command:
C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /chrome
Alternatively, using administrator privileges, you can install the extension for all users on the target machine with the following command:
C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /chromeglobal
- Start the Chrome browser and click the Add Extension button. The extension is now installed and activated.
You can also install the UiPath Extension for Chrome by using Group Policies. This method silently installs the extension and enables it, without requiring user confirmation.
This installation method requires that the target machine has access to the Chrome Web Store (
To install via policy, perform the following steps:
- In the ExtensionInstallForceList policy, add
- In the NativeMessagingAllowList policy, add
- On the target machine, install the UiPath extension for Chrome with administrator privileges using the following command:
C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /chromepolicyglobal
The UiPath Extension for Chrome can be uninstalled using the following command:
C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiPath\SetupExtensions.exe /chromecleanup
Your system administrator might have configured Group Policies that prevent the UiPath Extension for Chrome from working. To enable it, please follow the instructions from the Group Policies page.
For any other issues regarding the UiPath Extension for Chrome, please view the detailed troubleshooting page.
Updated 3 months ago