Extracts a string and its information from an indicated UI element or image using OmniPage OCR Engine. The OmniPage OCR is an alternative to the other OCR engines, in all activities that require OCR engine implementations. Here are a few examples of activities that can be used together with the OmniPage OCR: Click OCR Text, Hover OCR Text, Double Click OCR Text, Get OCR Text, Find OCR Text Position, Digitize Document, CV Screen Scope, CV Get Text.
The OmniPage OCR activity is also compatible with the UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities package, v2.0.0 or higher and can be used in any OCR context.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Image - The image that you want to process. This field supports only
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- EnginePack - Specifies which embedded engine must be used for image processing. There are two options, as follows: Basic - Supports a wide range of languages, Extended - Contains extra support for Asian, Arabic, Thai, Hebrew and Vietnamese languages. Check the list of all available languages for the Basic pack at the bottom of this page.
In order to use the Extended engine, you must manually install the UiPath.OmniPage.Bundle.Extended package in the current project from the Package Manager.
- ExtractWords - If selected, extracts the on-screen position of all detected words.
- Language - The language used by the OCR engine. The default option is auto, meaning that the language is automatically detected. Multiple languages can be used separated by commas.
Using Multiple Language Recognition
You can use settings for multiple languages at the same time. For example, you can set "eng,fra" to process images that contain both English as well as French content.
Please note that Japanese, Korean, and Chinese language settings call up a dedicated recognition engine. Only one of these languages should be selected at a time and not combined with any non-Asian language.
Short embedded texts in English can be recognized without English being selected as a recognition language.
- Profile - Choose a pre-processing profile for the specified image or UI element to achieve a better OCR read. The following options are available: None - does not apply a pre-processing profile, this is the default option; Screen - pre-processing suitable for remote desktop applications; Scan - pre-processing suitable for scanned files; Legacy - uses the engine's default settings for pre-processing images.
- Scale - The scaling factor of the selected UI element or image. The higher the number is, the more you enlarge the image. This can provide a better OCR read and it is recommended with small images. If you want to scale down, values between 0 and 1 are also accepted. By default, the value is 1.
- Result - The text extracted by the OCR engine along with their on-screen position, stored in a
KeyValuePair<Rectangle,String>. This field supports only
- Text - The text extracted by the OCR engine, stored in a String variable. This field supports only
Basic Pack - Languages
* = This language can be handled only if it is written using the Latin alphabet.
Extended Pack - Languages
All languages included in the Basic Pack
The Extended Pack can be used with the ISO/DIS 639-3 language codes mentioned above, with the ISO 639-1 and ISO 639-2 language codes, or with the actual name of the language.
Updated 6 months ago