Provides a scope for extractor activities, enabling you to configure them according to the document types defined in your taxonomy. The output of the activity is stored in an
ExtractionResult variable, containing all automatically extracted data, and can be used as input for the Export Extraction Results activity. This activity also features a Configure Extractors wizard, which lets you specify exactly what fields from the document types defined in the taxonomy you want to extract.
Here you can check the -Preview versions of this activity.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- ClassificationResults - The results of running a classifier activity on the specified document, stored in a
ClassificationResultobject. This field is optional if you specify a DocumentTypeId instead. This field supports only
- DocumentObjectModel - The Document Object Model you want to use to validate the document against. This model is stored in a
Documentvariable and can be retrieved from the Digitize Document activity. Please see the documentation of the activity for more information on how to do this. This field supports only
- DocumentPath - The path to the document you want to validate. This field supports only strings and String variables.
The supported file types for this property field are
- DocumentText - The text of the document itself, stored in a String variable. This value can be retrieved from the Digitize Document activity. Please see the documentation of the activity for more information on how to do this. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- DocumentTypeID - The Document Type ID, as found in the Taxonomy Manager. This field is optional if you specify a file in the ClassificationResults field. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- FormatValuesIfPossible - Specifies that if a value has derived parts reported, then it isn't overridden by the data extraction scope, but if it doesn't have derived parts,
then the data extraction scope tries to compute it. If the option is set to False then the values are not formatted.
- Taxonomy - The Taxonomy against which the document is to be processed, stored in a
DocumentTaxonomyvariable. This object can be obtained by using a Load Taxonomy activity. This field supports only
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ExtractionResults - The extraction results of the data extraction process, stored in an
The Configure Extractors wizard can be opened from the body of the activity, by clicking on the Configure Extractors button. The wizard button becomes available after dragging at least one extractor activity into the body of the Data Extraction Scope activity. This wizard displays all the document types defined in the taxonomy and their respective fields and enables you to choose which extractor you want to use for each.
Each document type can be expanded and its fields can be viewed in the wizard and selected for extraction.
The Minimum Confidence field can be configured with a value between 0 and 100 and represents the confidence threshold above which extracted data is taken into account. If a result for a selected field has a confidence level below the confidence threshold, it is not reported in the final result.
The check boxes next to each field in any column, if selected, cause the extractor to be asked for a value for the specified field. If cleared, the field is ignored when extracting data.
The text fields next to each document field enable you to map fields defined in your Taxonomy with the fields defined in the extractor's internal taxonomy, if any.
The number of columns in the wizard varies according to the number of the extractors present in the scope activity. The name of each column is given by the display name of each extractor activity.
If multiple extractors are used in the activity, the order of the extractors in the scope defines their priority. For example, in the image above, if Extractor 1 returns an acceptable value (which is above the Minimum Confidence level), the results of Extractor 2 and Extractor 3 are ignored. If Extractor 1 and Extractor 2 return values below the Minimum Confidence level, or return nothing at all, the results from Extractor 3 are taken into account.
Updated 22 days ago