UiPath Task Capture is a process discovery tool that helps you deep-dive into automation ideas, enabling you to quickly capture, enhance and accelerate the automation by sharing the specifics of your work.
Once you identify potential automation candidates in Automation Hub, use Task Capture to provide the expertise about the particular task, and help you speed up the automation process.
The installation process can be made, depending on each customer need through two different installer file types:
TaskCapture.exeused to install Task Capture per-user
TaskCapture.msiused to install Task Capture per-machine
Task Capture provides you with 2 options for creating documentation:
- by building the process map from scratch and then capturing actions for each part of your process;
- by recording the actions as you perform them and automatically generating a comprehensive workflow diagram including the details about each step.
Keep in mind that by default the tool takes screenshots with every mouse click & keyboard inputs, and collects smart data about the process statistics (execution time, number of actions, text entries, etc.). You can edit and annotate each screenshot and add information for each step.
You can also specify what kind of actions to be recorded. See how to choose the capturing mode for more info.
As a result of your efforts, with the use of Task Capture, you can present the documentation in Microsoft Word format as an insightful Process Definition Document (PDD) and use it within your team.
Export the collected information to a great range of platforms that integrate with Task Capture. Some of them are listed below:
- in UiPath Studio you can export the recorded process as a workflow template (
.xamlformat) and start developing your automation using it as a skeleton.
- in Automation Hub you can use Task Capture to document your automation ideas and bring them one step further to being automated
- in Test Manager you can document the Manual Test Cases easily, using Task Capture.
To find out more about the key capabilities of the tool, see the short demo below.
- Data-driven approach– the app gathers the data required to accelerate the automation by bridging the gap between two groups of business personas - SMEs and COE team.
- Eliminate manual work – capture automatically and in the background the details for each step.
- Generate the necessary RPA documentation – based on the collected information, the app generates ready-made PDDs and automation prototypes.
- Flexibility – the tool works across the entire UiPath Platform and is a perfect fit for either top-down or bottom-up automation strategy.
Check out the Task Capture presentation page where you can find a demo video of the tool as well as the Try it free option that allows you to onbord this experience.
Updated 5 months ago