To start recording the process and document your automation ideas, select one of the three available options:
- Create Diagram - create your own workflow diagram with all the necessary actions, then use Task Capture to take screenshots for each action and automatically capture the required data.
- Capture Process - run through the process while the tool automatically captures your actions, takes a screenshot with each mouse click, and builds a workflow diagram based on the collected data.
- Open file from PC - open saved files created with Task Capture if you need to apply any updates. You can open
The capturing widget allows you to capture the process. This is displayed once you click the Capture Process option. Depending on your Task Capture version different options are available:
- Pause the capturing process. This helps you avoid irrelevant data.
- Finish the documentation process.
Before you hit the Start button, we recommend you prepare all the relevant applications used to perform the process.
Once you click Start Capture the capturing begins and the following management options are displayed:
- Pause: allowing you to avoid irrelevant data.
- Stop: allowing you to finish the documentation process.
- Add title: allowing you to add a relevant title to each action you capture.
- Add description: allowing you to add a relevant description to each action you capture.
It also displays the number of actions captured and the number of remaining actions until the 500 actions limitation is reached. Please check the Action Limitation section available below for details about this feature.
By default, captured processes are given a title that contains the date, the month, and the hour when the capturing of the process began.
To change the title of a captured process follow the steps below:
- Click the Edit icon displayed as a pencil. This is available on the upper part of the screen in the middle of the application top panel.
- Once the Rename Process Document pop-up is displayed type in the new name for your process and click Submit.
The number of captured actions in a process document impacts the performance of the application, including work with the Diagram Editor, Image Editor, exporting options, as well as the Process Definition Document. That is why the number of actions that can be captured is set up to 500. Please note that this limitation does not prevent you from creating processes with more than 500 actions, it's purpose is to provide best practices guidance in order to have the best experience while using Task Capture.
On the right-hand corner of the Diagram Builder window, you can view at all times an action counter allowing you to monitor the number of actions added to the entire workflow and an Information icon providing details about the limitation.
Furthermore, the capturing widget that allows you to capture the actions composing the process, displays the number of actions captured for the documented sequence and the number of remaining actions until the 500 actions limitation is reached.
As soon as more than 500 actions per Document are captured a pop-up message is displayed allowing you to Continue Capturing or Stop Capturing.
In case you choose to continue the capturing process the capturing widget displayed on the lower part of the pop-up, the number of actions exceeding the 500 action limitation.
If you attempt to copy and insert or duplicate actions that results in exceeding the limitation a pop-up message is displayed allowing you to Cancel the action or Continue Anyway.
If during the creation/capturing process, you update the language, only the actions recorded after the new language is setup the will be displayed in the respective language.
Task Capture doesn’t define the keyboard input, so sensitive data can be recorded. This data can be manually removed by accessing the Step Description field of the step where it was captured and deleted. A pop-up notification informing you about this behavior is displayed at the beginning of the capturing process.
To edit the workflow's properties, save, export, or apply a specific company branding click File. Check out the File Option chapter for details about each option.
Updated about a month ago