- Getting Started
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Best Practices
- Installation Considerations
- About Installation
- Azure Marketplace Deployment
- AWS Deployment
- Platform Configuration Tool
- Webhooks AppSettings.json
- Opting Out of Telemetry
- Identity Server
- High Availability Add-on
Identity Server and Orchestrator are installed together on the same IIS server. Please read here how to proceed with Orchestrator installation.
- For large deployments, we recommend using a separate database for Identity Server.
- Double-check the selected installation path. Moving an installation from one location to another post-install is not supported.
The results of performing an Orchestrator installation are the following:
The results of performing an Orchestrator update are the following:
- Pre-existent Orchestrator data such as users, tenants, host or default settings are propagated to Identity Server.
UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.configfile is updated with Identity Server specific keys.
appsettings.jsonfile is updated with Orchestrator specific settings (encryption keys, caching, Redis settings, etc.).Important:During Orchestrator update, the installer cannot read an encrypted SecureAppSettings section . In order to read the
EncryptionKeyfrom Orchestrator's config file and then migrate it into Identity Server's
appsettings.Production.jsonfile, the key must be plain text. You need to manually decrypt the section before updating Orchestrator. After the Orchestrator update process was finalized, remember to re-encrypt the
UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config.If you have any external providers enabled in
UiPath.Orchestrator.dll.config, you are prompted about the manual changes you need to perform in the external providers' location.For security reasons, for the certificate used to sign the access tokens generated by the Identity Server, make sure to use a public key on 2048 bits. The certificate's location has to be set within
appsettings.Production.json's Signing Credential section.
After updating your Orchestrator to v2020.4+, the Profile page won't display login attempts previous to that update, but all the details are still accessible from Orchestrator's database.