- Getting Started
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Best Practices
- Installation Considerations
- About Installation
- Azure Marketplace Deployment
- AWS Deployment
- Platform Configuration Tool
- Webhooks AppSettings.json
- Opting Out of Telemetry
- Identity Server
- High Availability Add-on
To see the latest available versions, please check the Release Notes page.
Before proceeding with an Orchestrator upgrade/installation, carefully review the following task list:
Review the system requirements
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites, hardware and software requirements for the version you want to install.
Learn about changes introduced by the new deployment
A new Orchestrator deployment brings about changes that you should be aware of. Some of the items must be taken care of before an upgrade/installation. Some are notes on the biggest changes and recommendations on how to get the best of the new version.
Run the Platform Configuration Tool
The Platform Configuration Tool is a PowerShell script used to assist you in the successful installation/upgrade of Orchestrator. It helps you check the sanity and readiness of your environment before an upgrade, and assists you in performing several operations post-installation.
Installation artifacts are provided when you first purchase Orchestrator or they can be provided by your customer success manager or our support team. If you want to try our products prior to purchasing, check out the trial versions on our website here.
UiPathOrchestrator.msi installer performs a complex installation of Orchestrator and all its components, on one or multiple nodes. The repair functionality
of the Windows Installer is not supported.
It enables you to perform the following:
- install on one or multiple nodes;
- configure the IIS settings (website + app pool);
- add firewall rules for the chosen website port;
- configure database settings for an SQL Server database;
- automatically sets up all NuGet feeds for packages and activities;
- set up Identity Server for centralized authentication and access control across UiPath products;
- set up Elasticsearch for logging;
- enable Windows authentication.
- enable Webhooks services
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator directory.
The Azure installation script enables you to install and configure all the same components as the Windows installer and scripts, with one or more multiple nodes. This script is differentiated from the other by the fact that it can help you install Orchestrator in the Azure Portal, with app services.
Regardless of how you choose to update, if the database you point to does not exist, it is automatically created during the installation.
UiPath collects usage and performance data to help diagnose problems and help improve Orchestrator. For more details about UiPath’s privacy practices, please review the privacy statement.
Before installing the UiPath Orchestrator, please go through all the steps provided in Prerequisites for Installation.
Regardless of the type of installation, in order for the scheduling features to work properly, you must ensure that:
- in clustered mode the clocks on all machines have to be synchronized within less than one second;
- the clocks for the database and Orchestrator machines also have to be synchronized;
- if the SQL database enters a faulted state it is recommended to restart the Orchestrator webserver from IIS. If you are in an NLB environment, please restart all web servers.
After installing Orchestrator, you can modify the installation to add or remove optional features: Insights and/or Test Automation.
Go to Add/Remove Programs, select UiPath Orchestrator and choose Change. You can enable/disable any of the two modules from the Features screen. You will then be taken to their corresponding configuration screens, which are the same as from the installation flow.
To add both features, after you have installed Orchestrator without them, run from an Admin Command Prompt:
UiPathOrchestrator.msi ADDLOCAL=InsightsFeature,TestAutomationFeature DB_INSIGHTS_DATABASE_NAME=UiPathInsights DB_INSIGHTS_SERVER_NAME=.\sqlexpress
DB_INSIGHTS_AUTHENTICATION_MODE=WINDOWS TA_DATABASE_NAME=UiPathTestAutomation /Q /l*vx log.txt
To remove one or both features, after installation, use the REMOVE parameter:
UiPathOrchestrator.msi REMOVE=InsightsFeature,TestAutomationFeature /Q /l*vx log.txt