You can set up an external context when launching your application. This is especially helpful when starting an app from somewhere else, for example a robotic process automation (RPA) process.
For example, you can set the values for two variables when the application loads. To do this, follow the procedure below.
- Open your already existing application or start a new one.
- Create two new app variables,
- Add two new Texbox controls to your app and bind the variables created at step 2 to each textbox. Bind the
FirstNamevariable to the first textbox, and the
LastNamevariable to the second textbox.
- Publish the app.
- Go to the ⚙️ App Settings window.
- Copy the Production URL of your app.
- Paste the production URL in your browser and add the following at the end:
/?Firstname=John&Secondname=Doe. In the end, the URL should have the following syntax:
Updated 11 months ago