According to Supervision Requirements
Supervised Robots meaning they run under human supervision. You cannot start nor trigger processes from Orchestrator on supervised robots, and they cannot run under a locked screen. They can only be started from the UiPath Assistant or from the Command Prompt.
Can be further classified according to their licensing type as follows:
- Attended - Works on the same workstation as a human user and is launched through user events.
- Studio - Connects your Studio to Orchestrator for development purposes.
- StudioX - Connects your StudioX to Orchestrator for development purposes.
Autonomous Robots which don't require human supervision to execute jobs. Can be further classified according to their licensing type as follows:
- Unattended - Runs without human supervision in virtual environments and can automate any number of processes. Has all the capabilities of an attended robot plus remote execution, monitoring, scheduling and providing support for work queues. Can execute any process type except for test cases.
- NonProduction - Works in unattended mode for development purposes only. Cannot execute test cases.
- Testing - Works in unattended mode for development and testing purposes. Can execute both test cases and RPA processes intended for non-production environments only.
Robots become automatically licensed when you open the UiPath Assistant. All types of robots except for StudioX can run in debug mode in Studio.
You are able to run debugging in Studio with all types of Robots.
For more information on licensing, please see the About Licensing.
Connecting a Robot to Orchestrator offers the following benefits:
- a centralized location from which to deploy automation projects to Robots
- an easier and centralized point for the management and monitoring of multiple Robots
- the scheduled execution of automation processes on Robots
- the management of queues and transactions
- centralized Robot logging to SQL and/or ElasticSearch
If a RDP connection is started on the robot machine and this machine loses internet connection, even for few seconds, the Robot throws a “Desktop has been disconnected…” exception.
Updated 9 months ago