Release Date: 8th November 2019
A new input option, PreserveFormatting, is now available for the Read PDF Text activity, allowing you to maintain the formatting of the file throughout the extraction process.
The UiPath.PDF.Activities package can now be used on machines that have the FIPS Compliance Flag activated.
As the PDF standard contains some functionalities which are not FIPS compliant (related to document signing and password protection), exceptions might occur. The exception is thrown by the activities at run-time when files with non-FIPS compliant content are processed.
If an error mentioning the Docotic.Pdf library is encountered at runtime, then you should upgrade the UiPath.PDF.Activities package to version v3.1.0 or higher.
Release Date: 26th August 2019
This major update brings three new languages. The package is now available in German (DE), South Korean (KO), and Portuguese (PT-BR).
The Manage PDF Password activity has been improved and it now has extra fields, differentiating the User and Owner passwords. You can now safely update the passwords for both User and Owner, where the User has read-only rights and the Owner has editing rights.
- Major updates occurred for the PDF pack, improving the process of retrieving text from
- When using the UiPath.PDF.Activities pack v2.1.0 with the UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities pack v19.5.0 or lower, the Read PDF with OCR activity was throwing an exception when reading certain
If you want to use the UiPath.PDF.Activities package in the same project with the UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activitiespackage, you need to use either version 2.x of both, or versions 3.x of both.
UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities version 3.0 and higher is incompatible with a UiPath.PDF.Activities version lower than 3.0, and a UiPath.PDF.Activities version 3.0 or higher is incompatible with an UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities version lower than 3.0.
Release Date: 16th July 2019
We have updated the Range property field for the following activities: Read XPS Text, Read PDF with OCR and Read PDF Text. You can now set the range you want to work with to be a single page, a range of pages, or a complex, custom range, which combines the first two types.
- When using the Export PDF Page As Image activity, you only had the option of opening a
Release Date: 26th June 2019
We want to reach out to the entire world and make automation a language everyone can speak. So, starting with this release, the entire platform is available in Chinese
Chinese can only be used in this pack when installed in Studio v2019.4.4 or v2019.7 or above.
Release Date: 25th April 2019
This major release brings five new activities to the PDF activities pack, helping you manipulate more aspects of PDF documents, as follows:
The change to v2.0.0 is also due to the fact that the engine of the PDF activities has been overhauled, and now uses a more efficient method of retrieving text from
.xps files. This change is reflected in the old activities of this pack, as well, meaning that the Read PDF With OCR and Read XPS With OCR activities have some new properties, as well as some upgraded old ones.
- The v2.0.0 PDF activities pack is no longer compatible with Studio versions below v2018.3.
- The Read PDF Text and Read PDF With OCR activities have been optimized, and now use a different, better method of retrieving and organizing text. This may cause breaking changes in already existing workflows, as the output text might be different.
Release Date: 18th February 2019
- Using the Read PDF With OCR activity with the Google OCR engine threw an error.
Release Date: 10th January 2019
This new year brings two more languages in the entire UiPath Platform - French and Russian. Since we layed down the foundations of localization in our previous release, we are continuing our efforts in bringing you a more immersive experience and lowering the language barrier bit by bit.
Release Date: 10th October 2018
The moment is finally here - the entire UiPath Platform has been localized, so that you can have a truly immersive experience, from install to design and execution. Now, besides English, you can access everything, including our online documentation, in Japanese.
Release Date: 7th June 2018
- Fixed an issue which caused the Robot to crash when using the Read PDF with OCR activity.
Updated 3 months ago