Release date: 26 April 2021
- You can now enable or disable Excel notifications when working with the StudioX Excel activities through the Show Excel alerts option that is located in the Excel Business project settings, under Excel Visibility.
- The App Integration Excel activities can now be used inside the Use Excel File activity in addition to the Excel Application Scope activity.
- Autofit Range - Changes the displayed column width and/or row height in the specified range to the widest entry in each column and the highest entry in each row.
- Get Excel Chart - Copies an Excel chart to the clipboard for use in other activities or saves it as a picture file.
- Insert Excel Chart - Inserts a chart in a sheet at the specified location.
- Find/Replace Value - Searches in a specified range for certain values. Depending on what operation you choose, it either returns the location of the cell or replaces the value with another given value.
- Refresh Excel Data Connections - Gets the latest data by refreshing all sources in an open Excel workbook.
- Update Excel Chart - Updates the properties of an existing Excel chart.
- SharePoint support has been added to the Use Excel File activity. You can open excel files stored on SharePoint by placing the SharePoint URL in the Excel File field.
- A new property called Read Formatting was added to the Use Excel File activity that lets you choose the formatting that will be applied to values read from Excel.
- A new property called Start in column was added to the Append Range activity.
- A new property called Empty Row Behavior was added to the For Each Excel Row activity that lets you select how the automation behaves if an empty row is encountered.
- A Text files entry was added to the Select File dialog when browsing for Excel files using the Use Excel File activity.
- You can now choose whether Excel windows are visible during the automation and what formatting will be applied to values read from Excel by using the options in the Excel Project settings window.
- New formatting options have been added to the Format Cells activity that enable you to change the alignment, font, and the fill color of a cell.
- The Copy Range activity has received the following updates:
- The title has been changed to Copy/Paste Range.
- The Destination field now supports cells. You can provide a single cell and then write the copied data starting from that cell.
- A new Exclude source headers option has been added. If selected, the first row of the Source range is not copied.
- You can now get the number of rows in an Excel object (ranges, tables, sheets) by using the Row Count property through the Plus menu.
- The Excel Project Settings window has been updated with a new settings category called Excel Preview that determines how Excel files are accessed when using the Plus menu.
Release Date: 27 January 2021
When working with Excel Business activities, Excel can now be launched in a way that allows add-ins to be loaded, both at design time and at runtime. A new activities settings category titled Excel Business has been added to the Project Settings window. The Excel Preview option controls how Excel files are previewed when using the Plus menu in StudioX.
Release Date: 12 October 2020
This activity pack has now been upgraded and is fully compatible with the C# Studio feature. For more information about C# support, see About Automation Projects.
Some internal changes have been made to make the Excel activities seamlessly compatible with the new operators used for Formulas. No worries, this won’t affect any of your previous workflows.
The Refresh Pivot Table activity can now refresh the table when the data source is changed instead of needing to recreate it.
The amount of packages you can find on UiPath activity feeds is humongous, and it grows with each passing day. This can prove to be a nuisance when searching for a package with a more common name, for example. We felt your pain and decided to do something about this. From now on, all UiPath official activity packs can be easily filtered in the Package Manager so you’ll be able to reach your favorite package in no time!
You can now add an Excel file to your project as a global resource by connecting the project to the file. When a project is connected to an Excel file, all activities in the project can access and modify the file. You can still add Excel files to automations with the Use Excel File activity, in which case only activities added inside the container can modify the files.
- Change Pivot Data Source - Changes the range of the source data for a pivot table.
- Save Excel File As - Saves a workbook added to the project or the Project Notebook as a different file. You can specify the file name and the file format to save as.
- Clear Sheet/Range/Table - Clears the data from a specified sheet, range, or table.
- Read Cell Value - Copies the value from a spreadsheet cell.
- Read Cell Formula - Copies the formula from a spreadsheet cell.
- For Each Excel Sheet - Executes one or more activities for each sheet in an Excel workbook.
- Find First/Last Data Row - Finds the row number for the row where data starts and for the last row containing data in a specified sheet, range, or table.
- Write Range - Writes a data table that was saved for later or values from an Excel table or range into another range.
You can now directly interact with a sheet added by the Insert Sheet activity. The Reference new sheet as optional field available for Insert Sheet enables you to save a reference to the sheet for later use in the automation.
The Text to Columns activity now supports Line Break as a delimiter.
You can now configure the Delete column activity to delete multiple columns.
When you select an Excel sheet using the Custom Input option, you no longer need to enter the sheet name manually. The Worksheet name field is now a combo box that enables you to select the sheet you want to use. This works when the Excel file defined for the Use Excel File activity is a static file, or when the file is dynamic and a template was defined.
If you select the Indicate in Excel option from the Plus and the Excel Add-in is not installed or it cannot be accessed, you no longer have to manually navigate to Home > Tools to install or repair the add-in. Simply click the Yes button in the error dialog box that appears.
- An error is no longer thrown when the Write Range activity is used to write in editable cells from protected sheets. The issue occurred in UiPath.Excel.Activities version 2.8.5 and later.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Robot to sometimes get stuck without throwing an error when executing Excel activities, for example when an Excel Application Scope activity was used in a loop, or when multiple Excel Application Scope activities were used consecutively in the same process.
- An error no longer occurs when you try to use the Indicate in Excel option in the StudioX profile with an Excel file from a OneDrive folder. In addition, please note that if a file from a OneDrive folder is open in Excel, the data in it cannot be accessed directly from the Plus menu. To access named cells, named ranges, tables, and sheets from the menu, you must first close the file.
- The correct range is now displayed as the Current Selection in the UiPath tab of the Excel ribbon when you select Indicate in Excel again after having already used this option to select data directly from the file for the same activity field.
Release Date: 29 June 2020
- An error no longer occurs when you try to use the Indicate in Excel option in the StudioX profile with an Excel file from a OneDrive folder. In addition, please note that if a file from a OneDrive folder is open in Excel, the data in it cannot be accessed directly from the Plus menu. To be able to select named cells, named ranges, tables, and sheets from the menu, you must first close the file.
Release Date: 8 May 2020
This release brings new activities and enhancements to the existing activities designed for the StudioX profile. Find out more about them in the StudioX Release Notes.
Release Date: 11 November 2019
We have further increased language support by adding Turkish, Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish (Latin America), and Spanish (Spain) to the list of languages present in the UiPath Platform.
We have added activities designed especially for the preview version of StudioX this release, which is why you'll see the minor version incremented. To check them out, you can see the StudioX documentation here.
Release Date: 26 August 2019
Three new languages, German, South Korean, and Portuguese are available for the UiPath.Excel.Activities package.
Release Date: 26 June 2019
We want to reach out to the entire world and make automation a language everyone can speak. So, starting with this release, the entire platform is available in Chinese.
Chinese can only be used in this pack when installed in Studio v2019.4.4 or v2019.7 or above.
Release Date: 24 June 2019
- Fixed an issue that caused reading an empty sheet with the Read Range activity to return a data table that contained elements.
- Using the Read Range activity with the AddHeaders check box selected did not properly return values.
- The Execute Macro activity could be used with Excel files that had macro disabled.
Release Date: 24 May 2019
- Fixed an issue that caused all languages except English to be incorrectly displayed.
Release Date: 21 May 2019
- When trying to edit a read-only Excel file and save changes, the newly generated file was saved at a different location than the original one. The fix saves the new file correctly and also throws an exception notifying the fact that the original file could not be saved.
Release Date: 25 April 2019
To align with the Package Signing feature, the Excel activities pack has been officially signed by UiPath.
Release Date: 18 February 2019
- Fixed an issue that caused the Excel Read Row activity to retrieve incomplete information from workbooks. As a result, retrieved rows now include the empty cells they contain.
- In certain situations, Excel Workbooks were closed during the execution of an automation project.
Release Date: 21 January 2019
- The NPOI and SharpLibZip dependencies have been updated to versions 2.4.1 and 1.0 respectively, thus ensuring we use the latest versions for the Excel activity package.
Release Date: 10 January 2019
This new year brings two more languages in the entire UiPath Platform - French and Russian. Since we layed down the foundations of localization in our previous release, we are continuing our efforts in bringing you a more immersive experience and lowering the language barrier bit by bit.
Release Date: 19 November 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused the Robot to sometimes hang or throw a COM exception when executing Excel activities, for example when an Excel Application Scope activity was used in a loop, or when multiple Excel Application Scope activities were used consecutively in the same process.
Release Date: 6 November 2018
- Opening password protected files created with Microsoft Excel 2010 threw an error when using the Workbook Activities from the Excel Activities package.
- Fixed an issue that prevented using Excel methods from the Workbook field in Excel Application Scope.
Release Date: 16 October 2018
- The Workbook Read Range activity returned incorrect values when reading cells that contained hyperlinks.
- The Excel Copy Sheet activity does not function properly with Office 2010 and 2013 versions.
Release Date: 9 October 2018
This brings a major update to the Excel Activities Pack, which features 14 new activities:
- Create Table - Creates a table from a specified range.
- Insert/Delete Rows - Adds or removes a specified number of rows at a certain position.
- Insert/Delete Columns - Adds or removes a specified number of columns at a certain position.
- Remove Duplicates Range - Deletes all the rows that are duplicates in a specified range.
- Copy Paste Range - Copies an entire range, including values, formulas, table format, and cell format, and pastes it to a specified sheet.
- LookUp Range - Searches in a specified range for the coordinates of a cell with a certain value and returns them as String variables.
- Get Workbook Sheet - Looks for a sheet based on its index and returns its name as a String variable.
- Get Workbook Sheets - Returns a list of all the sheet names in a workbook as String variables, ordered by their index.
- Auto Fill Range - Takes the formulas defined in the rule range and adapts them to the end range, mimicking the Autofill functionality in Excel.
- Refresh Pivot Table - Refreshes a specified pivot table.
- Create Pivot Table - Creates a pivot table from a specified range.
- Get Selected Range - Returns the selected range as a String variable.
- Copy Sheet - Copies a sheet from a specified workbook and pastes it to a specified workbook. If no other workbook is specified, it is copied to the source file.
- Delete Range - Deletes all the rows in a specified range.
Also, the new PreserveFormat property check box enables the Read Cell, Read Column, Read Row, and Read Range activities keep the formatting of cells they work with, whether it's currency, date, or anything else.
The Read-Only property has been added to the Excel Application Scope activity, enabling data extraction operations on workbooks that are locked for editing or have an edit password.
The moment is finally here - the entire UiPath Platform has been localized, so that you can have a truly immersive experience, from install to design and execution. Now, besides English, you can access everything, including our online documentation, in Japanese.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Read Range activity to improperly read worksheets that had the first row empty.
Release Date: 18 April 2018
- The Read Range activity did not read the cell specified in the Range property if the Use Filter check box was not selected.
Release Date: 27 March 2018
This pack brings several new key features for Excel automation, including new properties for Excel Application Scope and Execute Macro. Bug fixes were applied to multiple areas, and a new activity has also joined the pack, enabling users to invoke VBA functions for passing macros, called Invoke VBA.
A new property, EditPassword, has been added to the Excel Application Scope activity. It can hold the password needed for editing protected workbooks.
To avoid situations when a new workbook was automatically created when the path was not correctly specified, Excel Application Scope now has a new property, Create New File. Once selected, if no workbook can be found at the specified path, a new workbook file is created at the same path.
Two new properties have been added to the Execute Macro activity. Macro Parameters enables you to pass multiple parameters to a macro when running it, while Macro Output retrieves any values returned by executing the macro.
The Invoke VBA activity has been introduced to the Excel pack, and enables users to invoke VBA code, running macros against Excel files. You can see more info about it and all of its properties here.
- The Write Range activity corrupted
.xlsfiles which were saved in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook format and had the Range property set to start from the B or greater column.
- An exception was thrown if you used the Read Range activity with the Range property set to
- A Read Range activity with the UseFilter property box selected threw an exception at runtime.
- Fixed an issue that caused Read Column to read only the A column in a workbook.
Release Date: 13 December 2017
This release brings a new activity to the pack, which enables the user to save the workbook that is being used during the runtime of an Excel Application Scope. Also, a new property has been added for the Excel Application Scope, which specifies if the changes made to the workbook are to be saved automatically after exiting the Scope activity. Several known issues have been fixed, as can be seen below.
The AutoSave property has been added to the Excel Application Scope, enabling all child activities of this container to save the workbook after their execution ends.
The Save Workbook activity has been added. This is a child activity of the Excel Application Scope container. It enables the user to save changes made to the workbook throughout the body of the Excel Application Scope.
- The AddHeaders property of the Read Range activity is now set to True by default.
- The Get Cell Color activity's Output property category is now spelled correctly, for all you grammar aficionados out there.
- If the WorkbookPath property points to an
.xlsmfile that doesn't exist, the file is now created without any issues.
- The IsPivot property of the Get Table Range activity does not function properly.
- The Read Column activity fails to properly read columns with empty cells.
- Assigning a variable and then using the Execute Macro activity with the variable as input throws an exception.
Updated 2 months ago