Release Date: 11th November 2019
We have further increased language support by adding Turkish, Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish (Latin America), and Spanish (Spain) to the list of languages present in the UiPath Platform.
We have added activities designed especially for the preview version of StudioX this release, which is why you'll see the minor version incremented. To check them out, you can see the StudioX documentation here.
Release Date: 26th August 2019
Three new languages, German, South Korean, and Portuguese are available for the UiPath.Excel.Activities package.
Release Date: 26th June 2019
We want to reach out to the entire world and make automation a language everyone can speak. So, starting with this release, the entire platform is available in Chinese.
Chinese can only be used in this pack when installed in Studio v2019.4.4 or v2019.7 or above.
Release Date: 24th June 2019
- Fixed an issue which caused reading an empty sheet with the Read Range activity to return a data table that contained elements.
- Using the Read Range activity with the AddHeaders check box selected did not properly return values.
- The Execute Macro activity could be used with Excel files that had macro disabled.
Release Date: 24th May 2019
Fixed an issue which caused all languages except English to be incorrectly displayed.
Release Date: 21st May 2019
When trying to edit a read-only Excel file and save changes, the newly generated file was saved at a different location than the original one. The fix saves the new file correctly and also throws an exception notifying the fact that the original file could not be saved.
Release Date: 25th April 2019
To align with the Package Signing feature, the Excel activities pack has been officially signed by UiPath.
Release Date: 18th February 2019
- Fixed an issue which caused the Excel Read Row activity to retrieve incomplete information from workbooks. As a result, retrieved rows now include the empty cells they contain.
- In certain situations, Excel Workbooks were closed during the execution of an automation project.
Release Date: 21st January 2019
- The NPOI and SharpLibZip dependencies have been updated to versions 2.4.1 and 1.0 respectively, thus ensuring we use latest versions for the Excel activity package.
Release Date: 10th January 2019
This new year brings two more languages in the entire UiPath Platform - French and Russian. Since we layed down the foundations of localization in our previous release, we are continuing our efforts in bringing you a more immersive experience and lowering the language barrier bit by bit.
Release Date: 6th November 2018
- Opening password protected files created with Microsoft Excel 2010 threw an error when using the Workbook Activities from the Excel Activities package.
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Excel methods from the Workbook field in Excel Application Scope.
Release Date: 16th October 2018
- The Workbook Read Range activity returned incorrect values when reading cells that contained hyperlinks.
- The Excel Copy Sheet activity does not function properly with Office 2010 and 2013 versions.
Release Date: 9th October 2018
This brings a major update to the Excel Activities Pack, which features 14 new activities:
- Create Table - Creates a table from a specified range.
- Insert/Delete Rows - Adds or removes a specified number of rows at a certain position.
- Insert/Delete Columns - Adds or removes a specified number of columns at a certain position.
- Remove Duplicates Range - Deletes all the rows that are duplicates in a specified range.
- Copy Paste Range - Copies an entire range, including values, formulas, table format, and cell format, and pastes it to a specified sheet.
- LookUp Range - Searches in a specified range for the coordinates of a cell with a certain value and returns them as String variables.
- Get Workbook Sheet - Looks for a sheet based on its index and returns its name as a String variable.
- Get Workbook Sheets - Returns a list of all the sheet names in a workbook as String variables, ordered by their index.
- Auto Fill Range - Takes the formulas defined in the rule range and adapts them to the end range, mimicking the Autofill functionality in Excel.
- Refresh Pivot Table - Refreshes a specified pivot table.
- Create Pivot Table - Creates a pivot table from a specified range.
- Get Selected Range - Returns the selected range as a String variable.
- Copy Sheet - Copies a sheet from a specified workbook and pastes it to a specified workbook. If no other workbook is specified, it is copied to the source file.
- Delete Range - Deletes all the rows in a specified range.
Also, the new PreserveFormat property check box enables the Read Cell, Read Column, Read Row, and Read Range activities keep the formatting of cells they work with, whether it's currency, date, or anything else.
The Read-Only property has been added to the Excel Application Scope activity, enabling data extraction operations on workbooks that are locked for editing or have an edit password.
The moment is finally here - the entire UiPath Platform has been localized, so that you can have a truly immersive experience, from install to design and execution. Now, besides English, you can access everything, including our online documentation, in Japanese.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Read Range activity to improperly read worksheets that had the first row empty.
Release Date: 18th April 2018
- The Read Range activity did not read the cell specified in the Range property if the Use Filter check box was not selected.
Release Date: 27th March 2018
This pack brings several new key features for Excel automation, including new properties for Excel Application Scope and Execute Macro. Bug fixes were applied to multiple areas, and a new activity has also joined the pack, enabling users to invoke VBA functions for passing macros, called Invoke VBA.
A new property, EditPassword, has been added to the Excel Application Scope activity. It can hold the password needed for editing protected workbooks.
To avoid situations when a new workbook was automatically created when the path was not correctly specified, Excel Application Scope now has a new property, Create New File. Once selected, if no workbook can be found at the specified path, a new workbook file is created at the same path.
Two new properties have been added to the Execute Macro activity. Macro Parameters enables you to pass multiple parameters to a macro when running it, while Macro Output retrieves any values returned by executing the macro.
The Invoke VBA activity has been introduced to the Excel pack, and enables users to invoke VBA code, running macros against Excel files. You can see more info about it and all of its properties here.
- The Write Range activity corrupted
.xlsfiles which were saved in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook format and had the Range property set to start from the B or greater column.
- An exception was thrown if you used the Read Range activity with the Range property set to
- A Read Range activity with the UseFilter property box selected threw an exception at runtime.
- Fixed an issue which caused Read Column to read only the A column in a workbook.
Release Date: 13th December 2017
This release brings a new activity to the pack, which enables the user to save the workbook that is being used during the runtime of an Excel Application Scope. Also, a new property has been added for the Excel Application Scope, which specifies if the changes made to the workbook are to be saved automatically after exiting the Scope activity. Several known issues have been fixed, as can be seen below.
The AutoSave property has been added to the Excel Application Scope, enabling all child activities of this container to save the workbook after their execution ends.
The Save Workbook activity has been added. This is a child activity of the Excel Application Scope container. It enables the user to save changes made to the workbook throughout the body of the Excel Application Scope.
- The AddHeaders property of the Read Range activity is now set to True by default.
- The Get Cell Color activity's Output property category is now spelled correctly, for all you grammar aficionados out there.
- If the WorkbookPath property points to an
.xlsmfile that doesn't exist, the file is now created without any issues.
- The IsPivot property of the Get Table Range activity does not function properly.
- The Read Column activity fails to properly read columns with empty cells.
- Assigning a variable and then using the Execute Macro activity with the variable as input throws an exception.