Starting with v19.10.1, the AI.ComputerVision activities pack has merged with the UIAutomation activities package. This means that the final version of the Computer Vision activities is 2.2.0, and, from there on, you can find the activities, docs, and release notes as part of the UIAutomation package.
Release Date: 2nd October 2019
To optimize resource consumption, we have modified the frequency with which a refresh is performed when working with the Computer Vision activities - now, a refresh happens only when the UI changes in the application you are automating.
Retrieving text with the Computer Vision activities has been improved, and now, besides single words and specific areas, word groups can be extracted from the applications you are working with.
We have improved the overall detail level of the tooltips and texts in the activities and wizards, to make the Computer Vision activities easier and faster to use.
Release Date: 2nd September 2019
This version of the Computer Vision package only works with UIAutomation v19.8.0-ce and above.
The Computer Vision activity pack's properties have been added to the Project Settings window in Studio, which means you can now globally edit them for your automation project.
To ease the debugging process for unattended workflows, we have created logs for the execution of the Computer Vision activities, that contain details such as descriptor data, OCR data, confidence scores, regions, and so on.
We have improved error messages regarding both execution and licensing, so it is now easier to realize what didn't work as expected.
- Several localization improvements were performed, fixing some strings that were missing.
- When using the CV Recorder, if certain settings were erroneously configured, they could not be changed.
Release Date: 29th July 2019
- If the CV Screen Scope activity was configured with an IP address instead of a DNS name or alias, it threw an error at runtime.
- In certain situations, anchors and targets could not be clicked.
- A wrong error message was displayed in the CV Helper when deleting an anchor.
- All mouse actions now display auto-anchors.
- When a target is selected, hovering over other elements displays a connecting line between them and the target.
Release Date: 22nd July 2019
The Computer Vision v2.0.0 activities pack brings many upgrades to the table, completely revamping the old activities and replacing them with new ones that have the ability to generate and use a Descriptor, which contains the screen coordinates of the elements that are used in the automation. Please note that upgrading to the new version does not cause a breaking change in your already existing workflows, as the old activities still exist in the new version of the pack, but are no longer browsable. The new activities are:
The Computer Vision Indicate On Screen wizard has been updated to better fit your automation needs.
An auto-anchor is now also chosen for Text Areas and Targets that act as a reference for Text Areas.
The string matching process is now refined in all the activities, now being optimized in the case of short strings.
Release Date: 10th June 2019
The CV Get Text activity now has a new property, UseClipboard, which enables you to use the clipboard feature to retrieve text.
The Computer Vision Recorder now enables you to change the app you are automating in with a new button.
We have performed several cosmetic improvements on the entire Computer Vision activities pack, changing several icons in the UI.
- Fixed an issue which caused downgrading the UIAutomation package in a project that contained Computer Vision activities to throw an error.
- In certain situations, the OCR engine used with the Computer Vision activities returned no results after screen scraping.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Empty Field property of the Computer Vision Recorder to only empty the last row in multi-row fields.
- The UiPath.AI.ComputerVision.Activities v1.1.0 package only works when using Studio with UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities v19.6.0 or lower.
Release Date: 22nd April 2019
We proudly present the first stable version of the Computer Vision activities, which implement our UiPath in-house developed neural network into standard UI automation activities such as CV Click or CV Type Into, outfitting them with an AI that emulates the human visual system, capable of recognizing UI elements and mimicking human actions. For more information on the new activities, you can find the docs here.
Our proprietary Machine Learning model is packed for on-prem Enterprise-ready deployments, while our cloud server remains free for our Community users, furthering our RPA democratization efforts. For more information on deploying the on-prem server, you can find the docs here.
Studio crashes when using Computer Vision Recording on a machine running Windows 7 without the KB 2533623 update. For a list of software requirements, please go here.
The UiPath.AI.ComputerVision.Activities v1.0.1 package only works when using Studio with UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities v19.6.0 or lower.
Updated 11 months ago