UiPath Data Service usage is included in all Robot or Studio-enabled licenses and includes two levels of service, community which is free of charge and enterprise which is paid. The amount of data storage available, the instances size requirements and the allowed number of Data Service API calls vary depending on the type of license you acquire.
Please check the About Licensing page for more details about Automation Cloud licenses.
Allowed Data Service usage is expressed in Data Service Units (DSU's). Each Data Service Unit grants a certain amount of data storage, attachment storage, and a maximum number of API calls per day.
A Community license has a fixed Data Service Unit assigned which can only be enabled for a single tenant. Below is an overview of what is included.
Maximum API calls per day
Your UiPath account is granted one Data Service Unit for each Attended, Citizen Developer, RPA Developer, RPA Developer Pro, Process Mining Developer and Unattended Robot license. Below is an overview of what is included in a single Data Service Unit.
Maximum API calls per day
When enabling the Data Service, Data Service Units can be assigned up to a maximum of the available (unassigned) amount in your UiPath account. The Data Service Units assigned to a tenant can also be changed when the Data Service is being used.
The license type for a Data Service tenant is the license type of the account at the time of the tenant creation.
When upgrading a Community account to an Enterprise (or Enterprise Trial) account, your existing Data Service tenant is restricted to the community storage and API call limits.
To leverage the storage and API calls available to your Enterprise (or Enterprise Trial) account, you need to create a new Data Service tenant.
This is how the license structure works:
- Your Automation Cloud account has different licensing quantity parameters for each service that can be attached to the platform.
- This means that, based on those quantity parameters, you can add 1 (one) or multiple services to your Automation Cloud account.
- When enabling the Data Service for a tenant, you must assign 1 or more DSUs to it
The details of the total and allocated Data Service Units can always be reviewed. Depending on your role please check one of the below options to do this:
- Users can access Automation Cloud > Home page > License Allocation;
- Organization Administrators can access Automation Cloud > Admin Page > License Allocation > Other Services.
Please check the License Usage page for details.
The license is freed up if:
- the tenant is disabled;
- the tenant is deleted;
- Data Service is unticked from an existing tenant.
Please check the Distributing Your Licenses page for more details about Automation Cloud licenses management.
Updated 19 days ago
|Enabling the Data Service|