- Getting started
- Setup and configuration
- Using the Data Service
- Examples & Tutorials
Creating an Entity
All objects created in Data Service are referred to as Entities.
- Navigate to Data Service from the left-side navigation bar. The Entities page opens.
- Click Create New Entity. The Create Entity wizard opens.
- Enter a Display Name for your entity. The Display Name is the name displayed when you import the entity in Studio. This field can be modified after the entity is created.
- Enter a Name for your entity. The Name is can be alpha-numeric, but it must start with a letter. It must have between 3 and 30 characters.Note:
The Name field is automatically populated with the same value provided for the Display Name. You can only change its value during the entity creation process. Once the entity is created, the Name field cannot be edited.
- Optionally, add a Description for your entity.
- Optionally, to keep the Create entity wizard open, select the Create another checkbox. This helps you create multiple entities faster, as it skips step 2 of this procedure.
- Click Save.
The new entity is displayed in your Entities list.