The UiPath Data Service is a persistent data storage service bringing powerful no-code data modeling and storage capabilities to your Robotic Process Automation (RPA) projects. This central place built to securely store and manage your business data within UiPath is integrated with UiPath Studio and UiPath Robots, allowing you to build automations that can leverage capabilities like rich relational data types, integrated security, and instantaneous provisioning and deployments while taking scale into account.
The UiPath Data Service provides a business yet user-friendly service where you can securely store and manage your business data by:
- Running unattended processes to aggregate data from multiple systems before processing it in other systems.
- Using the data for long-running business processes that need to transfer data across multiple attended and unattended processes.
Below is a list of some common use cases for the Data Service:
- Creating a new process for capturing data about employees' needs (i.e. desk, chairs, webcams, etc.). The data can be extensive and must be stored before creating requests in the procurement system. Instead of using a database, a file share, or cloud storages, you can store them in UiPath Data Service.
- Processes for monthly financial reporting which require getting data from multiple systems like bookings, invoices, billings, and payments. Both attended and unattended workflows retrieve this data every time they run. This requires all users to have access and connectivity to all the backend systems, can cause delays, and sometimes inconsistencies in reporting because underlying data changes before all your processes are completed. You can write one unattended workflow to gather all the required data in Data Service. Then, all your other attended or unattended workflows can work with data from Data Service. This can also potentially eliminates the need for storing the aggregated critical business data in files on user or robot machines.
- A long business process that includes human-robot handoffs for payment of supplier invoices can transfer all the data via queues. You can store the invoices in Data Service, pass around the record ID via queues, and work with one version of the truth. You can also create new processes to provide full visibility on all invoices in your system from Data Service.
- You are working on an unattended business process to create a 360-degree view of your customers before you write it in your customer relationship management (CRM) system. The workflows have tens, maybe hundreds of variables. You can model your customer entity in Data Service, import the definition in Studio, and work with a single variable in your workflows before dispersing it across your various systems of record. If not needed, data mustn't necessarily be stored in the Data Service.
- Secured, persisted, and accessible storage that enables you to keep all your data in a unique central place.
- Seamlessly access your entities, records, and documents for all your UiPath products.
- Store completely new and also existing data.
- Define, modify, and extend business entities and store records for those entities apart from the standard out-of-the-box features.
- Define rich metadata like relationships, rules, attributes for your entities, and store documents associated with the defined entities.
To start using the Data Service you first need an Automation Cloud account. Please access the Automation Cloud Introduction page for more details.
To use the Entities in UiPath Studio the following requirements need to be met:
- UiPath Studio 2020.10 or higher Enterprise or Community edition;
- UiPath Assistant or Robot connected to a Modern folder in your cloud account;
- Data Service enabled for your tenant.
Updated 6 months ago