The Data Service contains System built-in fields. When you create a new entity a set of default fields is automatically created still you can customize the entities you defined by adding specific fields.
You can create the fields of the following field types.
- Text: this field can be used to store a small amount of text.
- Number: this field can be used to store a number value. Number values can be positive or negative. You must specify the number of decimal places that you want to use.
- Yes/No: this field is used to choose between a Yes or No value.
- Date-Time: this field is used to store a value that contains a date and time. A date picker can be used to select a date and time.
- Relationship: this field is used to create a relation between two entities.
- Choice Set: this field is used to store a list of enumerated values from which one or more values can be selected.
- File: this field is used to store a file.
Each type of field requires different details that must be specified. Please check the specific page under Entity Field Types to find out more.
To customize your entity by creating a specific filter follow the steps below:
- In the Entities list, select the entity for which you want to add a field. The Fields tab is displayed with the list of fields defined for the entity.
- Click on Create New Field.
- In the Create Field panel enter a display name for the field in the Display Name field.
The Name field is automatically filled based on the Display Name. If needed, you can change the name Name field.
- Select the filed Type using the drop-down list.
- If the field must have a value, select the Required checkbox.
- Click More details to display the additional fields.
- Enter a value for the available fields. The required fields are marked with an asterisk symbol.
- Click on Save.
The new field is displayed in the Fields list.
To update the fields you created, follow the steps below:
- You cannot update system built-in fields.
- You cannot change the Name and the Type of customized fields.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon corresponding to the filter. This is available on the right-hand side.
- The Edit Field panel is displayed. Apply your updates.
- Click Save.
To delete fields that you have created follow the below steps:
You cannot delete system built-in fields.
- In the Fields tab, hover over the field that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon corresponding to the filter. This is available on the right-hand side.
- Enter the display name of the field in the Delete Field dialog.
- Click Delete to confirm the action.
Updated 3 months ago