The Choice Sets module enables you to manage choice sets for a data service tenant. Choice Sets can be used as field types in an entity.
A Choice Set consists of choice values that can be selected from for a field based on that choice set. The Choice Set is also made available in Studio as
The following steps enable you to manage your Choice Sets.
- On the Data Service page click the overlay menu in the upper right corner.
- Select Choice Sets.
- The Choice Sets page is displayed.
To create a Choice Set follow the steps below:
- Click Create New Choice Set or the Add Choice Set button at the upper right corner of the page.
- The Create Choice Set panel is displayed. In the Display Name field enter a display name for the Choice Set.
The Name field is automatically filled in based on the Display Name. If needed, you can update it.
- Click Add Choice.
- Enter a name in the New Choice Display Name field.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other choices you want to add to the Choice Set.
- Click More details to display an additional Description field. If needed, enter a description to indicate the function of the Choice Set.
- Click Save.
The new Choice Set is displayed in the Choice Sets list.
You can create a maximum of 250 choices in a Choice Set.
To update a Choice Set you created, follow the steps below:
You cannot change the Name of the Choice Set and the individual Choices.
- Hover over the Choice Set that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon corresponding to the Choice Set. This is available on the right-hand side.
- The Edit Choice Set panel is displayed. Here you can change the Display Name, remove choices and/or add new choices.
- Click Save.
To delete a choice, click the icon. This disables the choice. To restore the choice click the icon.
To delete Choice Sets that you have created follow the below steps:
- Hover over the Choice Set that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon corresponding to the Choice Set. This is available on the right-hand side.
- Enter the display name of the Choice Set in the Delete Choice Set dialog box.
- Click Delete to confirm the action.
You cannot delete a Choice Set that is being used in a field.
Updated 5 days ago