The Choice Sets module enables you to manage choice sets for a data service tenant. Choice Sets can be used as field types in an entity.
A Choice Set consists of choice values that can be selected from for a field based on that choice set. The Choice Set is also made available in Studio as
Learn how to manage your Choice Sets: access, create, update or delete your Data Service choice sets.
- On the Data Service page, click the More options menu in the upper right corner.
- Select Choice Sets. The Choice Sets page is displayed.
- On the Choice Sets page, click Add Choice Set. The Create Choice Set panel is displayed.
- In the Display Name field enter a display name for the Choice Set.
The Name field is automatically filled in based on the Display Name. If needed, you can update it.
You can create a maximum of 250 choices in a Choice Set.
- Click Add Choice.
- Enter a name in the new choice display name field.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other choices you want to add to the Choice Set.
- Click More details to display an additional Description field. If needed, enter a description to indicate the function of the Choice Set.
- Click Save.
The new Choice Set is displayed in the Choice Sets list.
You cannot change the Name of the Choice Set and the individual Choices.
- Hover over the Choice Set that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon corresponding to the Choice Set. This is available on the right-hand side.
- The Edit Choice Set panel is displayed. Here you can change the Display Name, remove choices and/or add new choices.
- Click Save.
You cannot delete a choice set that is being used in a field or a system-built choice set.
- Hover over the Choice Set that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon corresponding to the Choice Set. This is available on the right-hand side.
- Enter the display name of the Choice Set in the Delete Choice Set dialog box.
- Click Delete to confirm the action.
The video below shows how to manage a choice set
Updated 7 months ago